Lauterbrunnen to Lugano Fox Town Outlet Mall

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2012 at 6:10:06 #805517

Hi all,

Would appreciate if anyone can help on how to get from Lauterbrunnen to Lugano Fox Town Outlet Mall?

Should we depart early in the morning, in order to get to FoxTown by mid-day( 12pm) or
    shall we depart Lauterbrunnen in the evening, overnight in Lugano, then find our way to
    Foxtown the next day? After the whole day shopping in Foxtown, we would like to catch a train to Milan.

I dont see any hostel options available in Lugano.

Note : We are planning to depart Lauterbrunnen on 10th October 2012
    We intend to buy the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass

Hope some of you whos been to Foxtown outlet can help.

Thanks!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2012 at 21:28:11 #836897

Hi…I stayed at Hostel Montarina in Lugano….best hostel type accom +Very helpful staff…..My best hostel experience ever!:-)

Arno
    15481 posts
    10 August 2012 at 8:42:47 #836898

@mbear12: Thanks for the tip about the hostel! I’ve added it to our list of Lugano lodging suggestions.

@kyliecsy: The FoxTown outlet stores are at least 5.5 hours of traveling from Lauterbrunnen, so a nearby overnight stay would be the most convenient option if you like to do a full day of shopping. It’s not in Lugano itself but in nearby Mendrisio (20 minutes by train). For detailed travel options, please enter “Mendrisio, Fox Town” as your destination in the timetable. Your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass will cover the traveling.

• The thread ‘Lauterbrunnen to Lugano Fox Town Outlet Mall’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.