Lauterbrunnen To Murren Trip

Lauterbrunnen To Murren Trip

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
amb11
amb11
8 posts
Dec 2, 2015 - 9:45 AM

I have the below plan to visit Murren from Lauterbrunnen. Can someone please help me with the fares please. I have checked www.sbb.ch/en site but I just got confused as I was not clearly able to find the cable car fares and the bus tickets. Please if someone could let me know the fares as mentioned below, it will help me a lot in planning the trip. within budget...

• Lauterbrunnen to Grutschalp by Cable car - Ticket Fare?
  • Grutschalp to Murren by Train - Ticket Fare?
  • Walk down to Schilthorn Lift
  • Schilthorn Lift to Stechelberg by cable car - Ticket Fare
  • Stechelberg to Trummelbergfalle by bus - Ticket fare?
  • Entry fee at Trummelbachfalle ??????
  • Trummelbachfalle to Lauterbrunnen train station by Bus - Ticket Fare?

Even if you juet let me know the approximate fares it would be ok, as switzerland is a very costly place, i just need to see how much would my above trip to Murren cost, before I start my journey. Thanks a lot in advance.

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Dec 2, 2015 - 1:27 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps, amb11!

Most of the fares can be found here:

Links like that can be found on our attraction pages, e.g. www.myswissalps.com/sc hilthorn/tickets.

This page is helpful too.

When will this trip be? The Trümmelbachfälle (CHF 11 per person) won't open until April.

amb11
amb11
8 posts
Dec 2, 2015 - 2:14 PM in reply to Annika

Thank you so much for the details. I am planning the Trip in May, would that be ok for the Trummelbachfalle.

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Dec 3, 2015 - 2:16 PM in reply to amb11

Sure, it will be open in May. Have a good time!

amb11
amb11
8 posts
Dec 4, 2015 - 11:33 AM in reply to Annika

Thank you so much.

amb11
amb11
8 posts
Dec 4, 2015 - 11:46 AM in reply to Annika

One last question. Could you please help me out?

The www.jungfrau.ch/en link that you mentioned above shows that Lauterbrunnen to Murren Via Grutschalp is 22 CHF (retun - second class). Does this include the cable car fare as well that I need to take from Lauterbrunnen to Grutschalp. My understanding is I need to use a cable way from Lauterbrunnen BLM to Grutschalp and from Grutschalp to Murren there runs a train. Please do let me know if my understanding is correct.

Arno
Arno
7719 posts
expert &
Dec 4, 2015 - 1:56 PM in reply to amb11

Hi amb11,

All prices include all modes of transport along the way. It this case it includes the cable car and the train.

amb11
amb11
8 posts
Dec 4, 2015 - 2:02 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno..

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016