Leysin as base for 7 day in last week of Oct 2017

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 3:46:36 #811514

Hi

i want to know about possible inclusion of places from leysin in 1 day as i have to return at leysin everyday, as i am rci member and already booked apartment at Leysin .

we plan to buy Swiss travel pass fror 8 day

My questions are

1, is train from aigle to leysin feydey is included in swiss travel pass(free) ? Or it is discounted ?

2, is it possible to do excursion to junfrau and Mt. Titlis and Glacier 3000 on different day from Leysin ?

if above places are not possible then is it better idea to stay one night at interlaken and one night at lucerne ?

3, its my pleasure if you make itinerary for me from leysin we are 4 adult .

thanks and regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 8:54:54 #862017

Hi Pilu74 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Here is an overview on the Swiss Travel Pass – including what routes are covered and where to buy.
      Aigle to Leysin is covered as you can see on the PDF map on the “what routes are covered” link above.
    2. The Glacier 3000 will be an easy trip to cover – check the timetable for schedules.
      Both Jungfraujoch and Mt. Titlis are about 5 hours each way however. So yes, I would stay at Luzern and Interlaken if you plan to visit those destinations.
    3. We don’t make itineraries here, but I think with the links above, along with the timetable for trains I mentioned should help you create your own – if you have further questions don’t hesitate to ask.

regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 8:57:09 #862018

>> is train from aigle to leysin feydey is included in swiss travel pass(free) ? Or it is discounted ?

Yes, it is free. Download the PDF map from the page linked below. It will show you where the Swiss Travel Pass is valid. Red lines are trains, yellow lines are buses, black lines are cable cars and white lines are boats. Solid lines indicate free travel, dotted lines indicate discounted travel. (Dashed lines indicate tunnels, nothing to do with pass coverage.)

Swiss Travel Pass coverage

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

>> is it possible to do excursion to junfrau and Mt. Titlis and Glacier 3000 on different day from Leysin ?

Leysin to the Jungfraujoch takes between 5.0 and 5.5 hours each way, and Leysin to Mt Titlis takes 5.5 hours each way. Only you can decide whether that amount of travel is acceptable, or whether it would ruin your holiday 😉

Glacier 3000 is much closer to Leysin, but all facilites are closed due to maintenance from 09 Oct to 27 Oct 2017.

http://www.glacier3000.ch/en/ information/operating-hours-and-installations

>> if above places are not possible then is it better idea to stay one night at interlaken and one night at lucerne ?

Yes, I think it would be better to spend at least one night each at Interlaken and Luzern if you want to visit the Jungfraujoch and Titlis. But you will still have a very long journey back to Leysin the following day.

>> its my pleasure if you make itinerary for me from leysin we are 4 adult

We don’t make itineraries for people here. When you have put your own itinerary together, we can comment on it.

If I were you, I would concentrate on the Lake Geneva region, which is within a reasonable distance of Leysin. There is plenty to do there. However, late October is low season. You might find mountain transport is closed for maintenance, and boat services on Lac Léman (Lake Geneva) will also be extremely limited.

South-West Switzerland

http://www.myswissalps.com/so uthwestswitzerland

Use the SBB (Swiss Railways) timetable to see how long it would take you to travel to the places you would like to go, and to confirm that the transport to take you there is operating on the day you plan to go.

SBB timetable

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 19:40:47 #862019

Thank Lucas and Alpenrose

overwhelmed from your reaponse and your help mean a lot for me for my queries regarding my tour.

I will post my other queries in future regarding my tour

Thanks again

• The thread ‘Leysin as base for 7 day in last week of Oct 2017’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.