Where to stay for skiing in spring/summer

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2017 at 20:26:59 #810753

I am still spending sometime in switzerland now as I looked back what I have done. I like skiing, and I probably be coming back again next year on a non winter season. Totally fall in love with grindelwald, but the weather this few days have been very unpredictable.

I am currently staying in interlaken, and realized there could be better places to stay. It is really convenient but somehow there are still better place to go. Is there a place you can recommend me that has

1) a ski school for beginner class nearby within walking distance

2) amazing view of the alps

3) a convenient place that doesn’t have to drag luggage through massive stairs

4) probably coming back in a non winter season to ski

5) touristy or non touristy doesn’t matter

Would prefer convenience as the top thing in the list

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 February 2017 at 8:54:56 #858752

Hi BrianBrian,

There are many places to ski in winter (myswissalps.com/ besttimetovisit), but the options are limited in other seasons. Zermatt and Saas-Fee offer year round skiing on the glacier. It’s at high altitude and conditions won’t be as good as in winter. If you’re an experienced skier you can enjoy that in the mornings and do other things when the snow gets slushy in the afternoon. Some other towns like Verbier and St. Moritz may have an extended season depending on the weather, but not year round.

Ski schools are everywhere; you’d have to check with them for opening dates and their offers.

• The thread ‘Where to stay for skiing in spring/summer’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.