Lucerne 2017! Free Tell-Pass again?

Lucerne 2017! Free Tell-Pass again?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
KGregory44
KGregory44
2 posts
Oct 1, 2016 - 3:44 PM

Hello All!

This my girlfriend and I went to Lucerne around early March and were over the moon to find out we got offered the tellpass 2 day pass with our Ibis Hotel we stayed at.

As we loved Lucerne and the mountains so much, we would be looking at coming again around the same time next year (March 2017), however we were wondering if they were offering the same tell pass offer as in 2016? It made such a positive difference to our trip!

Kieran and Abby

Brahms
Brahms
213 posts
Oct 2, 2016 - 8:13 AM

Yes, Lucerne is nice !

You can ask the Ibis hotel. But free ?

I think you pay it a litle bit in your hotel price.........

KGregory44
KGregory44
2 posts
Oct 2, 2016 - 8:15 AM in reply to Brahms

It was a complimentary pass they did last winter when staying for longer than 2 nights. We only went for 4 days and didn't manage to fit everything in so want to go back again.

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
Oct 2, 2016 - 12:27 PM

Hi Kieran and Abby, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I don't know yet whether that offer will be available again. Please keep an eye on the below pages. We'll update those when we have more information.

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
Oct 25, 2016 - 4:59 PM
Popstar57
Popstar57
2 posts
Nov 10, 2016 - 4:38 PM

Hi,

My friend and I stayed at the IBIS January 2016 (booked through booking.com) and were also over the moon when we unexpectedly received a free tell pass from our hotel. We weren't aware of the promotion and it was only when we went to ask the receptionist for directions to one of the mountains that he offered us the pass. What a stroke of luck!

The beautiful setting and indeed the free pass made such an impression on my friend, that she has decided to return to Lucerne in Jan 2017, this time with her mum. After booking the hotel in exactly the same way as last year, she tried to book the Tell pass in advance, but was told by the hotel that they will be unable to offer her the passes as she booked through a third party website and not directly. A chat with an advisor on the tourism website confirmed that you must book through them, or direct with the hotel to receive the pass.

Has anybody else had this problem? It does not explicitly say this in the information on the tourism website. Obviously this is a huge disappointment, since the free pass is one of the main reasons for returning to Lucerne.

I want to make sure nobody else experiences the same problem. Still holding out hope that they will hand over the passes upon checkin!

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
Nov 10, 2016 - 7:36 PM in reply to Popstar57

Hi Popstar57, welcome to MySwissAlps!

That's really weird. I haven't heard of that before. I'll see if I can find more information and get back to you.

Popstar57
Popstar57
2 posts
Nov 11, 2016 - 3:59 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you!

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
Nov 11, 2016 - 4:13 PM

Hi Popstar57,

Indeed this appears to be true: only bookings through the local Tourist Office or the hotel itself qualify for the free pass. This may cause confusion among tourists but unfortunately this is not something I can do anything about. Thanks for your post!

luthienbabe
luthienbabe
14 posts
Nov 11, 2016 - 4:14 PM

Oh wow I'm glad you shared that. I will be also staying at Ibis Luzern Kriens and I'm currently booked through booking.com too. I think I will check the rates on the hote's website and see if they have the same rates with booking.com to be sure.

Thanks again!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016