Lucerne as a base for 10 days trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2017 at 18:10:04 #810609

We are flying to Zurich for our 10 days trip in MAY 2017.

My Plan is to book a hotel in Lucerne for 10 nights and then travel to different places for a day trip.

I want to go to the following places early in the morning and then come back at night to our hotel in Lucerne: Please let me know if this is possible or not. I will be using Swiss travel pass

I dont want to book different hotels and want to stay in one place.

Interlaken

Zurich

Geneva

Mount Titlis

Gridelwald

Jungfrau

Lussane

Bern

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    19 January 2017 at 12:07:24 #858177

Hi ferozskhan!

The best way to find out whether or not trips are doable is to consult the timetable. It will give detailed information on trips from Lucerne to each of your destinations, and that will help you and your travel party to decide whether or not the amounts of traveling are acceptable. Mind the right spelling when entering destinations in the timetable (e.g.: Lausanne, Grindelwald, Jungfraujoch). Generally, I’d say that most on your list can be reached as a day trip from Lucerne, except maybe for Geneva and Lausanne. Those would require very long traveling days. You may explore more of the beautiful surroundings of Lucerne instead to save on traveling time; they have lots to offer.

Each of our town and activities pages explains about traveling to/from/in the area as well, under the sections “Route” or “Traveling”.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2017 at 17:31:56 #858178

Thanks for the answer. Should i book any activities in advance like for Grindelwald mountain cart and lift tickets or when i visit the site?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2017 at 18:11:08 #858179

Also please tell me how to achieve the following: Is the following trip included in the Swiss Rail Pass or i have to purchase separate tickets

Lucerne to Zermatt: Lucerne – Göschenen (Gotthard Panorama Express), Göschenen – Andermatt (cogwheel train), Andermatt – Zermatt (Glacier Express).

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 January 2017 at 18:25:34 #858180

Hi Ferozskhan,

Nearly all activities in Switzerland can both be booked on site and online, whichever you prefer most. Exceptions are a few scenic trains and activities with limited capacity like paragliding. The carts can be booked when you are there.

All routes you mentioned are included in the Swiss Travel Pass. Seat reservations are not included. Here’s more information:

• The thread ‘Lucerne as a base for 10 days trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.