Lucerne > Titlis

Lucerne > Titlis

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
riotsarefun
riotsarefun
1 post
Dec 12, 2011 - 9:51 PM
hello! i will be going on a tour around europe, for switzerland my tour will be visiting the lion monument and wooden bridge. I'm deciding to skip that and visit titlis instead.

will train tickets be expensive? and how do i get from lucerne to engelberg? i am afriad i'll get lost. will visiting the alps take up most of my day?

thanks for reading!
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Dec 20, 2011 - 2:44 PM
Hi riotsarefun! You can search for ticket prices using the Swiss timetable. It allows you to plan your trip as well. Just enter Lucerne as your departure and Engelberg as your arrival station. The Titlis valley station can be reached by foot from the railway station. Signs will guide you there. A trip from Lucerne to the Titlis and back will at least take half a day. It can be combined with a short city visit to Lucerne (including the monument and the bridge) though.

I hope that helps you plan your stay in Switzerland!
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Dec 28, 2011 - 8:26 PM
Hi Arno,

May i know what is the best time to leave from Lucerne station to Engelberg station .I want to visit Titlis. I will be in Lucerne end Jan. and hope to finish it early.

Thanks
David
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Jan 1, 2012 - 4:57 AM
Hi David. You can use the timetable to find all possible connections. Just enter Lucerne as your departure station and Kleintitlis as your destination. You can get up there as early as about 9am. Of course it's wise to check weather forecasts too and then decide which time of the day is best for a visit to the Titlis.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016