Lucerne to Château-d”Oex train help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 November 2015 at 23:33:14 #808097

Hi! I’ll be travelling to Switzerland in jan. I need some help with my itinerary. Will be staying at lucerne for 4 nights.

I’ll be getting the Tell pass. I want to go château deox for the ballon festival. But how do I get there from lucerne? I und we can take the golden pass. But where do we alight and do u think it’s possible to do a day trip there?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    7 November 2015 at 14:31:25 #846859

Hi Shaid17, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can indeed travel from Lucerne to Chateau-d’Oex using the Golden Pass route. It will be a long day, as a single journey takes about 4 hours, but if you don’t mind leaving early and returning late, it should be doable. In order to find all travel options, you can best use the timetable and enter ‘Interlaken’ and ‘Zweisimmen’ as via-stations. As you’ll see, you can simply board in Lucerne and get out in Chateau-d’Oex with changes in Interlaken and Zweisimmen.

Your Tell Pass will cover the journey as far as Interlaken, so you need additional tickets for the leg Interlaken-Chateau-d’Oex and back. You can buy them at a railway station before boarding, e.g. at the Lucerne railway station. A validity map for the Tell Pass Winter variant can be found here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2015 at 14:56:03 #846860

Hi Annika!

Thank you so much for the prompt and detailed reply! Appreciate it. Now I have a clearer understanding how the railway system works.

Thank You

• The thread ‘Lucerne to Château-d”Oex train help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.