Lucerne to Chur train to connect with Bernina Exp

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2013 at 13:11:59 #805903

I will be coming from Lucerne to Chur on 12 May to connect with the Bernina Express leaving at 8:32 am. The train from Lucerne to Chur via Zurich is to arrive at Chur at 8:22 am. I realize the Bernina Exp and the Zurich train are just across the platform from each other but a 10 minute connection seems too tight. What do you think? Are the only other optons either driving from Lucerne or spending the night of 11 May in Chur? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 April 2013 at 2:50:05 #838354

Hi ted3rd,

Ten minutes is sufficient if the train is on time (which is usually the case), but you can take one train earlier if you want to have a bit of extra time. Lucerne departure 5:28 AM, arrival in Chur at 7:45 AM. See the timetable for details.

Please see here for all Bernina Express details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2013 at 9:35:36 #838355

Thanks, Arno,
    I thought the earliest train was at 6:10 am. I wasn’t using the RailEurope website correctly. I now see that “First Train” does not mean the earliest train available that day but the first train displayed on the screen. Regards, Ted

• The thread ‘Lucerne to Chur train to connect with Bernina Exp’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.