Lucerne to Innsbruck will it cover the Arlbergline

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2017 at 21:50:18 #810885

Hi folks

Hopefully somebody can help me i have just discovered the following route called the Arlbergline Scenic route by train which runs from The Arlbergline runs on the following route: Innsbruck – Bludenz

My question is i am travelling from Lucerne to innsbruck in June and trying to book a train journey which incorportes this route when i look on the SBB timetable and input Lucerne and Innsbruck it doesn’t mention this route. have tried to put via Bludenz in .

Can anyone confirm that my train journey is on this route

Many thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 February 2017 at 1:03:07 #859289

Yes, all the connections between Luzern and Innsbruck that come up on the SBB timetable travel over the Arlberg sector, which is indeed beautiful. However, it won’t be called that on the timetable, as it is not an “official” name, more of a marketing/tourist label. If you expand the timetable connectíons and display the intermediate stops, at least one of them will mention “Arlberg” – either Langen am Arlberg or St. Anton am Arlberg.

I have attached a screenshot of the Austrian rail network between the border with Switzerland and Innsbruck. There is basically just one line. You would have to take a very roundabout route to miss out on the Arlberglinie!

I have also attached a screenshot of an information notice from the SBB timetable, advising that there is construction work on the line between 29 May and 2 July 2017. There will be replacement buses Sargans-Buchs SG-Feldkirch, which is all before Bludenz, so you will still travel by train over the Arlberglinie between Bludenz and Innsbruck. That notice also states that the SBB timetable will be changed, so check it again closer to your time of travel.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2017 at 11:02:57 #859290

Thankyou so much for your help

This is also the time we will be travelling as our train from Lucerne to Innsbruck is on the 30th June. Does this mean that I will have to incorportate the replacement bus service. Many thanks for your help in advance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2017 at 7:59:21 #859291

>> Thankyou so much for your help

You’re welcome!

>> This is also the time we will be travelling as our train from Lucerne to Innsbruck is on the 30th June. Does this mean that I will have to incorportate the replacement bus service. Many thanks for your help in advance.

Yes, you will need to use the replacement bus service between Sargans in Switzerland and Feldkirch in Austria, which should be pretty straightforward.

The online timetable will work out the appropriate connections for you, once it has been changed to incorporate the replacement bus sector.

Just put in the usual information: From: Luzern, To: Innsbruck, Date, Time. When you do that and it comes up with a bus sector between Sargans and Feldkirch, you will know it has been updated.

Then make sure you have all your belongings together and are ready to get off the train with your luggage at Sargans.

This is a planned bus replacement, so I expect it will be very well organised. If you have any concerns, you can ask the conductor.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Lucerne to Innsbruck will it cover the Arlbergline’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.