Trip to Pilatus with Swiss Travel Pass & Half Fare

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2016 at 19:03:21 #809753

Hi I am hoping for some clarification regarding this trip.

We are planning on going to Mount Pilatus on Tuesday 26th July. Leaving Lucerne and going via. Alpnachstad, Pilatus Kulm, Frakmuntegg, Kriens to Lucerne. We would also like to go on the toboggan run at Frakmuntegg.

I have the Swiss travel pass and my daughter has a half fare card as she is residing in Switzerland for 12 months.

Should we buy the Pilatus excursion pass or buy an individual ticket for each leg of the journey.

Regards. Jacquie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    24 July 2016 at 19:15:13 #854548

Hi Jacquie,

You can go to the ticket desk of the station and explain your plans. They will get you the right ticket. It will be valid for the entire day, so you can break the trip as much and as long as you like. With the Swiss Travel Pass, the trip will be partly free and partly discounted. It will be all discounted with the Swiss Half Fare Card. The toboggan run needs to be paid for on the spot I think.

Enjoy the day!

• The thread ‘Trip to Pilatus with Swiss Travel Pass & Half Fare’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.