Travel plan Lucerne to Rigi and back

• alitravel
    Participant
    23 posts
    26 June 2016 at 10:34:53 #809538

Hi,

Is this the right plan for a trip to Rigi from lucerne.

• Luzern to Vitznau by boat: scenic beauty
    • Vitznau to Rigi Kulm
    • Rigi Kulm to Arth-Goldau
    • Arth-Goldau to Luzern

And with swiss pass it will be all free.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 June 2016 at 10:02:26 #853471

Hi alitravel,

Sure, that’s a popular route, and it’s all free with the Swiss Travel Pass (not with a Swiss Pas): http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

alitravel
    Participant
    23 posts
    27 June 2016 at 10:45:16 #853472

Hi Annika/Arno,

Thanks for your help till now.

Following is my itinerary

Day 0 : zurich airport to zurich train station

Day1 : zurich to Schaffhausen return , rhine falls , Boat at rhine , visit town schauffhausen

Zurich to engelberg train in the evening

Day2 : Mount titlis ,Engelberg to Lucerne train

Day3: Mount Rigi , lucerne lake , roam around the city of lucerne

Day 4: Lucerne to lauterbrunnen morning train, Lauterbrunnen to Montreux Golden Pass return same day

Day 5: Trip to murren from lauterbrunnen

Day 6: Lauterbrunnen to zurich in the morning , travel inside city , Zurich train station to airport , take flight back in the evening

For the above itinerary I am planning to take an 8 day pass. And since I will be in swiss for 6 days 2 days will be wasted 🙁

Do you think this pass is the right choice? Or there are some other options which will be cheaper?

alitravel
    Participant
    23 posts
    27 June 2016 at 11:01:10 #853473

Also can you please tell with swiss travel pass the below journey is free or not?

Lauterbrunnen to Kleine Scheidegg and Kleine Scheidegg to Interlaken via Grindelwald

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 June 2016 at 11:21:13 #853474

Hi alitravel,

You may want to compare the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass and the Swiss Half Fare Card as explained here.

The link Annika gave you explains exactly what’s included. Please download the map so you’ll know the details. In case of your example part of the ride is free (Lauterbrunnen – Wengen and Grindelwald – Interlaken) and the rest is 25% discounted.

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    28 June 2016 at 14:35:32 #853475

Hi, Alitravel.

I had the same trip before and it was a whole day activity.

Must go !

alitravel
    Participant
    23 posts
    28 June 2016 at 14:37:24 #853476

Thanks for your help guys. Appreciate it.

alitravel
    Participant
    23 posts
    9 July 2016 at 18:44:29 #853477

Hi Guys,

I will reach zurich late in the night at 10:30 PM. I checked online that the train ticket office is open till 11:15 pm. I will try to get the swiss travel pass from there. But in case if I am not able to can you please tell me till what time is it available at the zurich hsb train station?Is it available 24hrs? I want to buy it that day itself , if not then I will buy it from the train station the next day.I hope the swiss travel pass is available at the train station.I cant order online now as my journey starts in 2 days.

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 July 2016 at 19:33:39 #853478

Hi alitravel,

I’m sorry to hear you’re too late to buy online. That would have been so much easier. The staffed ticket desks at the airport and the main station will be closed by the time you get there. You will have to buy a normal ticket from the machine to reach the town and buy the pass the next morning.

alitravel
    Participant
    23 posts
    10 July 2016 at 22:34:38 #853479

Thanks for your reply Arno.

For journey from interlaken ost to lauterbrunnel i read this “From Interlaken Ost station, there is an hourly train to Lauterbrunnen (make sure that you board the correct section of the train in Interlaken, as the train divides at Zweilutschinen). “

Can you please tell what “correct section of the train” is?

Arno
    15483 posts
    11 July 2016 at 6:42:57 #853480

The displays on the train section show “Lauterbrunnen”. If I recall correctly it’s the front of the train. They also announce it through the loudspeakers and you can ask the train personnel if you are not sure.

alitravel
    Participant
    23 posts
    11 July 2016 at 13:32:24 #853481

Thanks Arno. If I do the below with swiss travel pass,it wont cost me anything right?

Lauterbrunnen to Grutschalp by Cable car , Grutschalp to Murren by Train , Walk down to Schilthorn Lift , Schilthorn Lift to Stechelberg by cable car , Stechelberg to Trummelbergfalle by bus , Trummelbachfalle to Lauterbrunnen train station by Bus,

is there an entry fee at Trummelbachfalle?

Arno
    15483 posts
    11 July 2016 at 14:22:48 #853482

Hi alitravel,

Yes, all of that is free, except the entrance to the falls which costs CHF 11.

alitravel
    Participant
    23 posts
    15 July 2016 at 22:34:41 #853483

hi arno , i am in swiss now and its going good so far except that i wish the weather was better. i have one que: can u pleaae tell me luggage facility at spiez train station.i will travel day after tomorrow and i have 5 min time at spiez. i want to drop my luggage. pls tell me the following

1) is 15 min sufficient to drop the luggage and catch train again.

2) om sunday whar aee the hours for kuggageoffice at spiez

3) what are the charhws

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 July 2016 at 7:59:40 #853484

Hi alitravel,

1) Yes, that should be plenty of time.

2/3) Please see http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/am-bahnhof/railway-stations/bahnhof-finden.posid.7483.html.

• The thread ‘Travel plan Lucerne to Rigi and back’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.