5 days Lucerne or visit somewhere different too?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2016 at 16:57:54 #851906

Just returned from a glorious two weeks in May in Switzerland. Ahhh, what a love we have for that country!!

First, I have to say a huge thank you to Slowpoke. She helped me in planning our time there so much!!! I would have been lost without her. This was probably the best vacation we have ever taken. Everyone we spoke with was so friendly and helpful!

Every traveler has to plan what they are interested in and what sounds best to them. Over two weeks, we stayed in 3 places — Rothenburg (countryside right outside of Lucerne), Vevey and Wengen. If I were you, for a 5 day trip, I would choose one location as a home base without packing up and moving. I would have no hesitation to say stay in Wengen. It is gorgeous, offers phenomenal hiking (yes, we saw ibex while hiking in Wengen several different times), and you can easily make day trips from Wengen. Definitely take a day to go over to Murren and hike. We also took a day trip to Kandersteg — adorable town with alpine coaster and beautiful lake and hiking! Another wonderful tiny town to consider is Weggis — which is outside of Lucerne — absolute beautiful hiking from Rigi Kulm overlooking Lake Lucerne down to Weggis. We spent a few glorious hours in the outdoor spa while it is snowing. It only snowed on us twice. Otherwise, it was 65 to high 70’s and gorgeous!

Enjoy!!!

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)
  • The thread ‘5 days Lucerne or visit somewhere different too?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.