Gotthard Panorama Express Lugano to Lucern April 4

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2017 at 4:56:40 #810824

Hi

We have been given incorrect information by a travel agent and have planned a trip based on the Gotthard Panorama Express leaving Lugano on 4 April 2017. Subsequently we have booked accommodation in Lugano and Lucerne. I see that it does not travel weekdays in winter timetable.

My wife and I were veery much looking forward to this leg of out holiday and so we’re most disappointed.

My question is can I still travel by train and boat and if yes can you please give me details and approximate timetable for departing Lugano to make any connections with boats on Lake Lucerne.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 February 2017 at 8:18:13 #859047

Hi tbiviano,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Gotthard Panorama Express operates from April 14 only. It does not operate in winter. You’ll find all details and links on myswissalps.com/gottha rdpanoramaexpress. As you can see on that page you can travel on normal trains on the same route as well, so you won’t miss out on the scenery.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2017 at 21:15:43 #859048

Hi Arno

Thanks for your reply. I understand we can catch a normal train. My question is more about being able to catch the boat. It’s difficult to understand the time table for the boats. I think theres a boat from Flüelen at 4:00 pm.

If we catch the train from Lugano does our train ticket cover the cost of the Boat from Flüelen to Lucerne?

Am I correct that the boat leaves Flüelen at 4:00pm on 4 April?

Thanks for your assistance.

Tony

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 8:16:29 #859049

Hi tbiviano,

If you buy a ticket from Lugano to Luzern you may be able to use it on the boat trip from Flüelen to Luzern but possibly not…double check when buying the ticket (go to an SBB office at some point on your trip).

Yes, I see that there is a boat leaving Flüelen at 16:00 arriving Luzern at 18:41. There is also a boat at 13:00.

You can search the timetable for connections. It often doesn’t give you the boat connection if you search Lugano to Luzern. Try separate searches : Lugano to Flüelen and Flüelen to Luzern (on the 2nd route go to advanced search and make sure boat is the only type of transport with a check mark (de-select all others).

Lucas

• The thread ‘Gotthard Panorama Express Lugano to Lucern April 4’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.