3 Days of scenic trains from Lugano

3 Days of scenic trains from Lugano

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
loyaroshan
loyaroshan
6 posts
Jul 18, 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hi,

I would like to travel with family on Swiss travel pass for 3 days. We would like to explore 3 journeys in 3 days as below from Lugano.

1. Bernina Express

2. Glacier Express

3. Golden Pass Tour

Please can you advise for above tours? how can we manage travel from Lugano every day for above 3 tours in 3 days?

Thank you.

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Jul 18, 2016 - 12:00 PM

Hi loyaroshan,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Lugano is not a good base for these trains. The Bernina Express for example, would take 13 hours as a day trip from Lugano. The others probably more or are not even possible.

If you want to do these trips in 3 days you need to pick a different base every night. E.g. Lugano night 1, Chur night 2, Montreux night 3. That way you could do the Bernina Express first, Glacier Express second and Golden Pass line last, and end up in Lucerne.

Please find further details here:

I hope this was useful for you!

Last modified on Jul 18, 2016 - 12:01 PM by Arno
loyaroshan
loyaroshan
6 posts
Jul 18, 2016 - 12:57 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you very much Arno.

Actually my booked hotel accommodation is near to Lugano.

What is the best way travel to Lucern from Lugano ON swiss travel pass? so then i will book my accommodation at Lucern FOR GOLDEN PASS TOUR.

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Jul 18, 2016 - 1:05 PM in reply to loyaroshan

You're welcome Loyaroshan!

All travel details can be found through the last link I gave you. I'd recommend to study travel times first, then create an itinerary that works for you, and finally book hotels.

Lots of hotel suggestions are here: myswissalps.com/ hotels.

loyaroshan
loyaroshan
6 posts
Jul 20, 2016 - 8:12 AM in reply to Arno

Thank you again Arno.

Can i able to travel from Interlaken to Lugano on my Swiss travel pass? If so what are the best way (or transport) to travel on this route?

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Jul 20, 2016 - 10:38 AM in reply to loyaroshan

Hi Loyaroshan,

Absolutely, the Swiss Travel Pass covers all of Switzerland. Please see the map: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ validity.

Please take a look at the timetable link. It answers all your questions regarding the quickest way to get from point A to B.

loyaroshan
loyaroshan
6 posts
Jul 24, 2016 - 2:51 AM in reply to Arno

Hello Arno,

If I buy Swiss travel pass to travel,.still do i need to buy reservation supplement?

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Jul 24, 2016 - 10:08 AM in reply to loyaroshan

Hi Loyaroshan,

Yes, seat reservations are not included in train passes. You will need them for the Bernina and Glacier Express. The pages I linked to earlier provide additional details.

loyaroshan
loyaroshan
6 posts
Jul 25, 2016 - 7:48 AM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno,

Are these reservation booking are Compulsory on Glacier and Bernina?

Reservation supplement also needed for William tell express?

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Jul 25, 2016 - 10:18 AM in reply to loyaroshan

Yes, they're compulsory for those trains, please see the train specific pages I referred to. It's optional for the Wilhelm Tell Express: myswissalps.com/ wilhelmtellexpress.

loyaroshan
loyaroshan
6 posts
Jul 30, 2016 - 9:58 AM in reply to Arno

Hello ,

May I know 1 day Swiss travel pass available to travel inside Swizerland? If so Please can you send me the detail?

Many Thanks

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Jul 30, 2016 - 2:36 PM in reply to loyaroshan

Hi loyaroshan,

There is no 1-day Swiss Travel Pass. It starts from 3 days. Please find all details here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2657 posts
expert
Jul 30, 2016 - 11:57 PM in reply to loyaroshan

Hi loyaroshan-

I've not been contributing to this thread, but, it seems to me that Arno is giving you answers, which you do not check out.

It saves the time of the other travelers who read this forum, as well as the time of contributors and the moderators, if you spend some time with the links that have been provided.

After you do, you'll better understand the answers that have been provided, and also will be better able to navigate Switzerland. And, others will be happier to answer your questions, once they believe that you are paying attention to their answers.

Slowpoke

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016