Luggage space on trains in Europe

Luggage space on trains in Europe

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
baggaley
baggaley
3 posts
Feb 17, 2017 - 6:03 AM

Morning,

We have never traveled on trains through Europe and we are not sure about luggage storage on the train. We are travelling from South Africa visiting Prague, Vienna and Switzerland. Switzerland being our longest stay of 10 days. We want to travel from Vienna to Switzerland by train and want to know do they have place to put your suitcases as we are going to have 2 large cases with us and is it easy to get on and off the trains with luggage. Your assistance in this would be appreciated. We are travelling in June 2017.

Thank you

Lucas
Lucas
2454 posts
top member &
Feb 17, 2017 - 5:33 PM in reply to baggaley

Hi Baggaley,

Yes, there will be storage on the train for you. If the train is busy then there will be less room of course.
When I travel with luggage and it won't fit with me at my seat I leave it in the areas by train doors if there isn't luggage racks to use. Everyone does this too.

There are steps from the carriage down to most platforms - if you think this is an issue you can request help on the train or at the station.

You could ship it with SBB railway as well( at a cost) if you are concerned. Read about that option here.

Regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Feb 17, 2017 - 6:13 PM by Arno
baggaley
baggaley
3 posts
Feb 20, 2017 - 10:53 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you Lucas for your response it is greatly appreciated

rockoyster
rockoyster
496 posts
top member
Feb 21, 2017 - 4:08 AM

Hi Baggaley,

Take a look at this too. www.seat61.com/luggage -on-european-trains.htm

baggaley
baggaley
3 posts
Feb 21, 2017 - 5:16 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017