Luggage service at rail stations Zermatt & Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2016 at 8:59:21 #808585

Hi,

i will be in Switzerland in Late September and would like to get some advice on how I can plan a day travel from zermatt to geneva (geneva airport station) with a stopover to visit the chillion castle? What time do I set out and which train routes must I take? Also I wish to see the sunset at the chillion castle before leaving to geneva airport. Is this feasible?

And I am Travelling with 2 children, aged 5 and 1, hence do not wish to carry all the luggage and stroller to the chillion castle. I understand there is a luggage service where they will transport my luggage from zermatt train station to Geneva airport station? How early do I need to book for this or can I do it on the day I wish to drop my luggage for transfer and how LATE can I pick up my luggage at geneva airport station? Please advise. Thank you very much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 March 2016 at 23:24:16 #849257

HiMSRajey-

Most, if not all of your questions can be answered by looking at a couple of websites

They are the Swiss Transport Timetable and a description of the luggage services from the SBB web site.

After you have checked them out, let us know if your questions are not answered.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

and,

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/lugg age-and-flight-luggage.html

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2016 at 0:12:32 #849258

Hi Slowpoke,

i checked the “connections express luggage” in the following link :

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/lugg age-and-flight-luggage/luggage-product-comparison/express-luggage/connections-express-luggage.html

however, when checked I couldn’t find geneva airport station but geneve station instead and was wondering if they were the same? And it only said collection after 6pm but did not state till how late I could collect. If the station was not geneva airport station, then this service is not useful and I need to carry my luggage with me along with my children. Hence, needed help from this forum on the details as I could not find any email address for sbb.

Thanks! 🙂

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 March 2016 at 1:51:25 #849259

Hi MSRaJey -You did not follow the link on the page for Express luggage:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/lugg age-and-flight-luggage/flight-luggage-price-comparison/express-flight-luggage.html.

There are several pages and te necessary one does not always appear, for reasons unknown to me.

It can get to Geneve Aeroport by 3 PM.

Luggage office closes at 1845 on weekdays.

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/am-bahnhof/railway-stations/bahnhof-finden.posid.1008.html

What is your travel date?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2016 at 2:17:01 #849260

Hi

I saw this link too but I’m not checking in that day but staying at a hotel near Geneva airport on that night – 30 Sep 16. My flight is only on 1st oct 16. So I need to transfer my luggage from zermatt to geneva airport on 30 Sep to collect the luggage on 30 Sep without any flight check in. Hence wanted to find out till what time I can collect the luggage on 30 sept.

so I only searched for express luggage without flight check in. Can I use the link you gave me and do a luggage transfer connection to the airport without flight check in?

also I went to see operating hours of Geneva airport station and it said till 20:15 but not sure if it meant for such luggage transfer within Switzerland too..:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/am-bahnhof/railway-stations/bahnhof-finden.posid.1026.html

am I looking at the correct information?

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 March 2016 at 2:31:54 #849261

<<“so I only searched for express luggage without flight check in. Can I

use the link you gave me and do a luggage transfer connection to the

airport without flight check in?”>

I think you are able to , but you are right. It is not clear.

I cannot help further, but the SBB does have a contact e-mail. I have used it many times.

http://www.sbb.ch/en/meta/con tact.html

They take a while to respond.

I don’t understand whether you have to register for a flight to get the fast service.

Possibly,d epending on your schedule, you might send some bags ahead and travel with a small amount, carried with you….?

<<“also I went to see operating hours of Geneva airport station and it said till 20:15 but not sure if it meant for such luggage transfer within Switzerland too..:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/am-bahnhof/railway-stations/bahnhof-finden.posid.1026.html

am I looking at the correct information?”>>

You are right. It looks like 2105 is correct. I mistakenly used the link for Geneva main station.. My apologies.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2016 at 15:56:57 #849262

Thank you slowpoke. I’ve submitted the form. Shall wait for their reply.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 3:34:21 #849263

Hi msrajey

I am interested in the answer you may have got from sbb as I sent them a similar

question regarding Zurich Airport and received an answer that did not address express

flight luggage at all telling me that I could only send to Zurich HB.

Have you received any information back from them?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2016 at 15:52:36 #849264

Hi

apologies for the delayed response. Yes I got a reply but I must say they have been giving mixed replies similar to yours. Earlier on they said no such service to geneve and / or Geneva airport. Then I attached a screenshot of their website to them and finally they agreed yes it is available. My advice to you, do a screenshot of the page on express flight service to Zurich airport and see if they agree with that specific page / paragraph or disagree..

Hope this helps.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2016 at 22:50:29 #849265

Thanks for that. I did re email them and got a much better response stating that

express flight luggage, without check in, is possible if left at Grindelwald before 9am

and will be available for collection at Zurich Airport after 3. A great service , if it

works, even if it is reasonably expensive. We fly out the following morning.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    20 March 2016 at 22:54:28 #849266

HI Junior –

It will work.

This is Switzerland, after all.

😉

Good service, not cheap. But, they want you to come back.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2016 at 0:36:08 #849267

Yup, it is indeed a great privilege to have such a service available despite the price as I’d rather focus on 2 tired kids than tire myself with the luggage.

I intend to use this service to get to Geneva airport.

Have a good trip, Junior!

• The thread ‘Luggage service at rail stations Zermatt & Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.