Luggage storage at/near Gruyere

• Paddamath
    Participant
    2 posts
    31 May 2017 at 21:03:13 #812064

We will be taking the train from Meiringen to Montreax/Geneva at the end of our Untour. We would like to stop at Gruyere on the way but don’t want to lug out luggage around the castle. Does anyone know if there is a place at/near the Montbovon or Gruyere train station (we will take a bus from Montbovon to Gruyere) so we can store our bags, go see Gruyere and then pick up the bags and continue on to Montreax/Geneva?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

Paul

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2017 at 7:13:10 #864308

Hi Paul, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> Does anyone know if there is a place at/near the Montbovon or Gruyere train station

You can check station facilities at the link below – look under “Equipment and mobility at the station”:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/railway-stations.html

Gruyères has no luggage facilities. Montbovon has “baggage” services, but as there is usually a separate heading for “baggage” and “left luggage” facilities on these station information pages, I assume they are not the same service. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

Bulle has left luggage facilities, and is 8 minutes further on by train from Gruyères.

>> we will take a bus from Montbovon to Gruyere

What bus is this? As far as I can tell, the only bus between Montbovon and Gruyères is a night bus between 10pm and 1am. There’s a train though.

You can check your connections for this trip in the Swiss timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2017 at 12:49:45 #864309

Hi there

I have asked this question before and enquired with the Tourist Office who will allow you to store your luggage with them, but best to be polite and enquire with them before your visit. There is no facility at Gruyeres station and if you are not staying in Gruyeres then keeping it at the hotel is not an option.

I have listed below the details of the lady I contacted who stated. There is a possibility to store your luggage in the hotel we will staying in the night before, or at the tourist information in Gruyère

Sylvie Droux-Clément

La Gruyère Tourisme

Office du Tourisme de Gruyères

Rue du Bourg 1

Case Postale 123

CH -1663 Gruyères

Tel. +41 (0)848 424 424

Fax +41 (0)26 921 38 50

Hope this helps

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 June 2017 at 18:27:56 #864310

Thanks for sharing this information twiggy 321!

• The thread ‘Luggage storage at/near Gruyere’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.