Luggage storage on Engelberg rail station

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 12:26:10 #812030

In this June 18, Me and my wife will be visiting Mt. Titlis on my way from Interlaken to Lucerne. So we will be having all our luggage (4 bags). We want to deposit our luggage as we arrive in engelberg. Is there any luggage storage facility in Engelberg rail station? If yes, what would be the rates?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 17:14:49 #864160

Hi arpitjain and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is a left luggage office in Engelberg but no lockers (cheaper). I am not sure of the cost of the left luggage service however. I would guess around 15 chf for the day.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2017 at 1:19:26 #864161

Thank you Lucas for your reply. I think Left-Luggage office is what I am looking for where I can deposit my luggage for few hours. There are no lockers means they keep all the luggage together in same room, right? If yes, Do they take care of it so that no luggage get mis handed? Do they attach a code sticker to luggages?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2017 at 1:53:26 #864162

>> In this June 18, Me and my wife will be visiting Mt. Titlis on my way from Interlaken to Lucerne. So we will be having all our luggage (4 bags). We want to deposit our luggage as we arrive in engelberg.

Travelling to Engelberg from Interlaken, you have to change trains at Luzern anyway. You could leave your luggage in the lockers at Luzern station and then continue to Engelberg.

Information about the lockers at Luzern station is under the heading “Equipment and mobility at the station” on the following page:

http://www.sbb.ch/content/int ernet/sbb/en/bahnhof-services/bahnhoefe/bah nhof-luzern.html

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2017 at 7:28:36 #864163

If you use left luggage yes they will tag it and take care of your bag – or opt for a locker in Luzern as Alpenrose mentioned (a little cheaper).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2017 at 7:54:38 #864164

Thanks a lot for help! I appreciate it.

• The thread ‘Luggage storage on Engelberg rail station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.