Train luggage transfer – Geneva to Mürren

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2017 at 23:32:14 #812649

I will be traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass by train from Geneva Airport to Kandersteg, but want to have luggage delivered to Murren station where I will arrive after a trek. I\ Is this possible?

thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2017 at 6:08:32 #866980

Hi Noribf,

Yes, you can have your luggage shipped with SBB to Murren. They hold luggage up to 4 days and then start charging 5chf per day after that.

You can read more about luggage service on the SBB trains here.

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 July 2017 at 11:01:40 #866981

Refer to answers in http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/luggage-transfer-3 noribf.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2017 at 21:02:44 #866982

If I understand it right, I can send my luggage on to Murren with basic luggage service from Geneva and then pick it up in Murren seven days later, paying the fee for extra days. What confuses me is the paid service versus the basic luggage service. Do I just show my pass and Kandersteg ticket at the train station (where) and the luggage gets sent on for no fee until the extra day fee. Sorry to be so baffled, but not quite sure and can’t imagine carrying a suitcase to the hiking huts!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 August 2017 at 21:13:13 #866983

Hi noribf,

Your understanding is correct.

There is no “free” luggage forwarding service. There is a regular service which will be available for collection at Mürren on the second day after you lodge it at Geneva Station. There is also an express service which costs more for same day delivery but is irrelevant to you given your hiking plans.

Just take your bag to the luggage service counter at Geneva and they will help you.

Happy hiking!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2017 at 21:16:09 #866984

Thank you so much for your clarification and time. Now I can just carry my back back through glorious Switzerland. nori

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 August 2017 at 21:30:04 #866985

You’re welcome. Have a wonderful trip Nori. 😉

• The thread ‘Train luggage transfer – Geneva to Mürren’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.