Lunch in St Moritz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2013 at 1:52:24 #806096

I am travelling to St Moritz on the Bernina Express before continuing to Zurich. Is it feasible to get off the train in St Moritz, go somewhere for lunch and then still catch a train to Zurich that will get us there in daylight. We are travelling late August and arrive in St Moritz at midday. I am travelling with my mother who is elderly so “running for trains” is not an option.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 July 2013 at 1:45:21 #839015

Hi Leonora,

That’s certainly possible. It takes less than 3.5 hours to Zurich, so even if you take the train at around 15:00 you’ll be there early in the evening. See the timetable for details. Please note that it’s a bit of an uphill walk to the town center from the rail station, although there are a few restaurants near the rail station too (Waldhaus am See for example).

Enjoy your trip!

• The thread ‘Lunch in St Moritz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.