Map of BO routes and Swiss Travel Pass coverage

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2016 at 23:27:46 #809339

Help please. Still confused about the Swiss 1/2 Fare Card and the STP lines on the Map. The region of interest is the cog trains, funicular’s and trams above Interlaken in the Wengen area. Has there been recent changes? It looks like the lines are “solid” now where there use to be dotted lines. If you purchase the STP in this region Is the fare reduced 50% same as !/2 Fare Card thus you still have to buy tickets with the Swiss Travel Pass? Addierose

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    3 June 2016 at 6:53:14 #852570

Hi Addierose,

The maps can be found on the below pages. Be sure to download them and zoom in so you can see all details:

A recent change is that the Schynige Platte railways from Wilderswil is now free with the Swiss Travel Pass.

Some other differences (no recent changes though): The section from Wengen/Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch is discounted by 25% for Swiss Travel Pass holders and 50% for Swiss Half Fare Card holders. Mürren and Wengen can be reached for free with the Swiss Travel Pass, and again 50% off with the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2016 at 19:23:23 #852571

Arno, when attempting to order the STP on the swissrailways.com site I do not see the option of “print at home” that I had read about. After reading of problems in the forum i am worried to book in advance. If we just arrive in Zurich from Innsbruck without a ticket from the border and buy the pass at the Zurich station does that work? 2 adults, 1 youth and 1 15 yr old grandchild. Thanks so much.

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 June 2016 at 7:16:04 #852572

Hi Addierose,

I am not aware of any problems with printing at home. Where did you read that? It’s a convenient option. You can buy the pass in Zurich but I’d recommend to print it at home. If you have the pass in hand you won’t have to pay for the section from the border (Buchs SG) to Zurich. So you only need tickets from Inssbruch to Buchs SG. If you don’t have a pass you will need tickets for the entire journey to Zurich. Also you will save time in Zurich as you can immediately board the next available train instead of spending time at a ticket office.

Here’s how to do it: go to visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass (no delivery fees) so you can print it at home. They will e-mail it within 1 to 3 business days. If you need to have the pass on any specific date, e.g. because you’ll be leaving for Europe well before you start using the Swiss Travel Pass, mention that in the Notes field and they’ll take care of it.

• The thread ‘Map of BO routes and Swiss Travel Pass coverage’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.