Matterhorn Glacier Paradise with Swiss Rail Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2017 at 0:12:48 #810556

Wow just looked at the prices for Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. Adults at 99 CHF. Is there a discount for Swiss Rail Pass holders and will be open during February?

Thanks

Les

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 January 2017 at 10:53:45 #857963

Hi Les,

I’m not sure which exact pass you mean (probably the Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex?), but you’ll find discounts for the various passes on the Klein Matterhorn page: myswissalps.com/ kleinmatterhorn/ tickets. Klein Matterhorn is the name of the peak you’ll be going to, and Matterhorn Glacier Paradise is what they often call it in the tourist industry.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2017 at 11:36:26 #857964

Hi Arno thanks for your reply.

Can you confirm that the Matterhorn gornergrat, cable car and the Glacier Paradise (sculptures) is all in one package or am i confusing myself?

Whilst we are up there, we want to hike down from a place called Sunnegga. How do we do this?

We have a Swiss travel pass.

Thanks Arno

Regards

Les

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 January 2017 at 11:43:54 #857965

Hi Les,

Gornergrat is separate. It is a cogwheel train to a different place than Klein Matterhorn. Sunnegga is yet another location and can be reached easily by the taking the funicular from Zermatt

All locations can be reached with different modes of transport, which all depart from the village of Zermatt. It’s all walking distance and there are signs so you won’t have a problem finding your way.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2017 at 16:49:14 #857966

Thank Arno.

Is it possible to go up to the top of Gornegrat Bahn and hike across to the Klein Matterhorn Paradise and then come down via cable car or vice versa?

In your opinion, which of the two has the best views?

Thanks

Les

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 January 2017 at 20:30:09 #857967

Hi Les,

You will have to travel via the village, hiking is not an option. I like Gornergrat slightly better than Klein Matterhorn.

• The thread ‘Matterhorn Glacier Paradise with Swiss Rail Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.