How to reach Matterhorn Glacier Paradise

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 July 2017 at 10:10:42 #812775

So klein matterhorn and matterhorn glacier paradise are one and the same , right?

I have read that to get to matterhorn glacier paradise we need to first take cable car from zermatt to furi then to riffelberg and finally last cable car to klein matterhorn.

Please can someone let me know where is the cable car station located in zermatt to start the journey.what is the name of the cable car station and how to get there . If any bus , please share bus number and where exactly is the bus stop.

Have 2 days in zermatt , out of which one day is matterhorn glacier and gornergrat. Please can you suggest anything for the next day. Any quiet village which can be visited or any day trip from zermatt on 15 august ( i know its public holiday)

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    29 July 2017 at 16:21:13 #867549

Hi Snehap,

Yes, Klein Matterhorn and Glacier Paradise are the same. The journey is described at myswissalps.com/kleinm atterhorn. The timetable provides all details if you search for options from Zermatt to Klein Matterhorn, including the names of the stops along the way.

Further tips for a stay in Zermatt can be found at myswissalps.com/zermat t. I personally love the views from the Gornergrat. Viewing point Sunnegga is another option.

I’m not aware of August 15 being a national holiday. You may confuse it with the large-scale celebrations of August 1?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 July 2017 at 7:40:12 #867550

Hi Snehap,

August 15 is a holiday for parts of Switzerland, so some shops etc may be closed in the following cantons only: Aargau, Appenzell Innerrhoden, Fribourg, Jura, Lucerne, Nidwalden,
    Obwalden, Schwyz, Solothurn, St. Gallen, Ticino, Uri, Valais, Zug only.

I would spend the 2nd day in Zermatt as well though – lots to do there. The trains and cable cars will all be running even with the holiday – even most shops I’m thinking as the town will be so full of tourists.

Lucas

PS May be contact Zermatt Tourism to confirm about any holiday issues for you.

• The thread ‘How to reach Matterhorn Glacier Paradise’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.