Medium to Difficult Walks near Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 November 2010 at 7:40:43 #804054

Hi,

My father and I are off to Zermatt on the 29th November for a fews days. Just wondering if you could recommend some Alpine walks in the area please, that would be open at this time of the year.

Many thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7122 posts
    26 November 2010 at 8:40:05 #831969

Hi WalkingGirl, and welcome! There are lots of well-prepared winter hiking routes around Zermatt. Routes starting at viewing points such as Sunnegga and Riffelalp (along the train route up to the Gornergrat) will reward you with magnificent views of the Matterhorn and surrounding mountains. The Zermatt website offers a good overview of winter hiking trails that are open. I hope this helps you pick some nice trails!

Have a wonderful stay and kind regards,

• The thread ‘Medium to Difficult Walks near Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.