Milan to Zurich via Jungfrau region in 2 days

Milan to Zurich via Jungfrau region in 2 days

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
eurotravel6
eurotravel6
4 posts
Feb 12, 2016 - 12:51 PM

At the end of my Italy trip I added 2 nights in Switerland. I just have 1 day of sightseeing. My husband and I are travelling

Sunday July 31st travel Milan - somewher in Switzerland (overnight stay)

August 1st - sightseing , Jungfrau region perhaps - back to Zurich and overnight stay in Zurich

August 2nd 1:30 PM flight from Zurich - US

I have following questions.

1) July 31st - where should I travel to in Switzerland, so I can start mynext day early at Jungfrau

2) Is it possible to see Jungfrau and go to Zurich in the night in a day

3) What could be a plan B if Jungfrau is not suited due to weather.

If the above is not possible : I could consider : a scenic train ride (glacier or bernia) , or zermitt.

Please advice. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Feb 13, 2016 - 9:19 AM

Hi eurotravel6, thanks for joining us!

Interlaken or a nearby town is the obvious base for an early visit to the Jungfraujoch. You will be able to make the Jungfraujoch trip and even do some more local sightseeing before heading for Zurich. Tips are at our Jungfrau region page. The timetable will help you to plan the details of your trip.

Do mind that August 1 is Switzerland's national holiday. Attractions will be accessible, but may be more crowded than usual as the Swiss themselves have the day off as well.

In case of bad weather, you may be interested in the Ballenberg museum near Brienz/Meiringen, the Aare Gorge and Reichenbach Falls near Meiringen, the Golden Pass leg towards Lucerne, the Museum of Transport in Lucerne or a boat ride over Lake Thun, Lake Brienz or Lake Lucerne. Sightseeing in Zurich is an option too.

eurotravel6
eurotravel6
4 posts
Feb 15, 2016 - 11:34 PM in reply to Annika

Thanks so much for your response. I will stay in Interlaken Ost and then head to Jungrauch the next day.

One other question :

1) Is the trip from Milan to Interlaken Ost a scenic trip? If I travel after 6:00 PM would I be missing out on sceneries?

Thanks so much again

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Feb 16, 2016 - 6:05 AM

Hi eurotravel6,

Milan to Interlaken Ost is really nice if you get off the train from Milan in Brig and take the local train to Spiez via Kandersteg. If you take the fast train it will cross a very long tunnel instead.

Arno

eurotravel6
eurotravel6
4 posts
Feb 18, 2016 - 3:30 AM in reply to Arno

Great thanks.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016