May 14, 2012 - 3:23 PM
I guess you have found the timetable of the Bernina Express
and the Swiss Timetable
(where you indicated you want to travel via Tirano).
As for your questions:
1. Bernina Express vs. regional train: the landscape will be the same of course and the route the trains take are identical. Even on a regional train you can enjoy the views, but the train might be crowded as you'll travel during high season. I can understand that waiting longer at Tirano can be a bit unpleasant. On the other hand, the Bernina Express is more comfortable and spacious and you have the opportunity to make a reservation.
2. I have hardly any experience in Italy, but one of the reasons I love to be in Switzerland is, that it is, generally speaking, a very safe country.
3. Travelling with your luggage won't be a problem, even in a regional train.
4. The part of Tirano railway station where you arrive and the part of the station from where you will depart are alongside of each other. You'll have to walk a bit, but my guess is that it won't be a problem.
5. This is a really beautiful trip indeed! But if you prefer some quitness and the possibility of ordering some food you could consider making a reservation for the Bernina Exress. It might be worth your while.
I hope this helps.
I wish you a nice trip and a beautiful wedding day!