Milano - Interlaken with 4 minute change of trains

Milano - Interlaken with 4 minute change of trains

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
eurotravel6
eurotravel6
4 posts
Feb 18, 2016 - 3:40 AM

I am planning to travel to Switzerland on July 31st from ITaly.

I see this connection on sbb.ch website.

17:23 - Milano - Brig - 19:16

19:20 - Brig - Spiez - 19:53

20:03 - Speiz - Interlaken ost - 20:28

My question is , is the 4 minutes change of train from Brig to Spiez and 10mts between Spiez - Interlaken ost enough time to switch trains. Also would there be any kind of visa / passport check? I am US citizen and have US passport. I will also have atleast 2 big suitcases with me.

Thanks so much in advance for your help

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
Feb 18, 2016 - 9:46 AM

Hi eurotravel6,

"Officially", the changes suggested by the timetable should be doable. 4 minutes is a bit tight, but as far as I can see it's a simple cross platform change. Passports will be checked on board, not while changing trains. If you miss the train, there's always a next one.You're not expected to use one specific train, apart from the one from Milano to Brig for which you probably have seat reservations.

Last modified on Feb 18, 2016 - 9:52 AM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016