Mobile hot spots from Swisscom

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2017 at 19:43:56 #811860

I will be in Wengen for 6 weeks this summer and staying at a lovely private chalet that does not have Wifi. Last summer I noticed that Swisscom offered a mobile hot spot? I saw it in the Wengen Post Office and thought of buying it but the postmistress said, “Don’t buy it now for next summer because it will change.” Typical Swiss honesty!! Can you advise me on what I should do? Thanks so much.

Also, I don’t expect any of you good folks to answer this but I thought I would try anyway. Last summer I was in Thun for the day and in a department store I saw a lovely, small wheeled carry-on hard sided bag with the Swiss flag on both sides. I was angry that I did not buy it, but since I will be back – have any of you seen this bag and might you be able to tell me where I might buy it. Anyway, I know this is far out but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks so much!

Leeka

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 May 2017 at 20:02:27 #863475

Hi Leeka,

I don’t know much about the Swisscom products to be honest. In any case, be sure not to (try to) buy a product that’s for Swiss residents only. The Swiss hotspot I tested myself for tourists can be found here: myswissalps.com/ simcard. It works great: very fast and unlimited data. It costs about CHF 240 to rent, with unlimited data for 6 weeks. Actual unlimited data, so no reduced speed after a while.

Can’t help with the bag, sorry. Perhaps someone else can.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2017 at 21:34:49 #863476

Hey Arno….thanks so much. Since we will have a lot of guests in the chalet, I think this is the way we should go. Really appreciate your asistance.

I started coming to Wengen in 1968. Have traveled all over the the world but there is no better view than the one from our chalet at the north end of the Lauterbrunnen Valley. We have brought so many friends there over the years and when they see it for the first time, the jaws always drop.

Thanks again,

Leeka

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 9:36:56 #863477

For the luggage, perhaps it was either Swissgear or Victorinox?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 0:21:17 #863478

To Leeka, You mention a chalet you stay in Wengen. We are planning on spending 4 weeks in Wengen next summer. Would you mind sharing the name of the chalet you stay in?

• The thread ‘Mobile hot spots from Swisscom’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.