Mount Pilatus, Wilhelm Tell Express, Swiss Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2010 at 23:12:56 #803859

Good day
    1. Please confirm whether the Global Europ Rail pass holders will receive discount if they want to visit Mount Pilatus. If so how much will they have to pay for the balance of the fee.

2. Being a holder of a Swiss Pass do I have accces to all the scienic routes indicated in the Swiss Travel System booklet without paying extra except for the applicable seat reservation fees required?

3. If we do want to take the first out trip from Lucerne to Lugano with the Wilhelm Tell Express where will the lunch be served seeing that we will be transferred from the boat to the train round about lunch time. The package include a lunch but the booklet indicated that the lunch will be served on the boat. I presume the lunch will then be served on the train.

4. Is it possible to recommend 2 or 3 star rated hotels near the stations in Zermat, Lugano, St Moritz and Montreaux?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 June 2010 at 14:34:19 #831379

Hello ansac,

1. Yes, you get a 30% discount. The fares can be found on the Pilatus website.

2. The map we link to from the Swiss Pass page shows where you can travel for free. This includes most scenic routes, and most others are discounted. Seats reservations are only necessary for some of the trains. Seat reservations are not included in any of the passes, as you can also choose to travel on a train which does not require pre-booked seats.

3. I think the first official Wilhelm Tell Express of the day departs from Lucerne at 11h12. Lunch will be on the boat and you’ll change to the train at 13h55. To be sure, you can best contact the Wilhelm Tell Express organization.

4. May be some of the other readers can recommend specific hotels. We work with hotel.info. You will find guest reviews of may Swiss hotels on their website.

I hope this helps you to prepare for your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2010 at 1:20:32 #831380

Thank you for your rapid response.

I however have some additional question.

Can I use the Global Eurorail pass from Zurich to Rapperwill?

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 June 2010 at 1:47:10 #831381

Hi ansac. Yes, Zürich – Rapperswil is included.

• The thread ‘Mount Pilatus, Wilhelm Tell Express, Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.