Mount Riji and Titlis in one day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2015 at 4:35:56 #807475

I will be covering Mt. titlis on July 6, can I also cover Mount Riji on the same day…van you suggest me the the best timings

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 June 2015 at 9:07:08 #844067

Hi KL,

It can be done if you don’t mind a full day and leaving early. I would suggest to start with Mount Titlis, unless the weather forecast of that day tells you otherwise. You can find all schedules in the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2015 at 10:38:01 #844068

Thanks for the reply…i think should be able to do…can you please advise till what time is the sunlight…can I stretch till late in evening

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 June 2015 at 11:07:48 #844069

There will be day light until 9:30 PM, but do check the timetable as not all modes of transport might be available that late. Definitely do Rigi last as there are more evening opportunities there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2015 at 18:41:38 #844070

i have swiss pass flex….is the entire trip to Mount Rigi covered i checked some train sections are covered but what about the boat, not able to get clear picture, can you help me on this. Also I want to know how much time would it take to travel by boat cover from Lucerne to Weggis. Is this boat free with the Swiss travel Pass flex.

which option is better Majestic round trip or Round trip with cable car

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 June 2015 at 23:03:08 #844071

<<“can I also cover Mount Riji on the same day”>>

Keep an eye on the schedules for the Rigi. They last trains down do not run very late at night.

Use the timetable.

Starting point would be Rigi Kulm, destination at bottom either Vitznau, Weggis or Arth- Goldau.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

PS – if you spell it Riji, the time table will get confused. Riji is an island near to Fiji in the South Pacific, Swiss trains do not run there. 😉

The correct spelling is Rigi.

Annika
    7104 posts
    29 June 2015 at 10:57:55 #844072

All is fully covered with a Swiss Travel Pass Flex, please see here. You can check the Mount Rigi page to see which route you like best.

• The thread ‘Mount Riji and Titlis in one day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.