Mount Titlis next weekend

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 November 2011 at 15:03:10 #804791

Hello,

I am thinking of going to Mount Titlis next weekend for a day. I am a little confused by the following things on their website.
    The winter prices mention 60CHF for a single day skipass. However, there is no mention whether you get a discount with the 1/2 Fare Card. Is there no discount with the 1/2 Fare Card? I haven’t done any skiing activities before and have no experience.
    Is it possible to get a hang of it in a day?
    The summer prices are 86CHF for return with 1/2 Fare Card making it 43CHF. Even if you add the ice flyer it only amounts to 55CHF. Are the summer prices applicable during winter too if you don’t want to ski? Is the Ice flyer open right now too?
    Another query is that would moulded sole leather shoes be better than your normal sneakers for the day?
    Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the same.

Anshuman

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 November 2011 at 1:35:17 #834514

Hello ace119, and welcome!

As far as I know, the Swiss Half Fare Card provides no further discounts to the already (relatively) reduced winter fares, but if you want to be sure you can best contact the Titlis personnel. Leather shoes are probably warmer than sneaker, so that sounds better. Also check if your shoes provide some grip, as it can be slippery outside on the platforms.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 November 2011 at 7:03:51 #834515

Hello Arno,

First of all thanks for your help. Could you also please let me know whether the Ice Flyer would be on during the winter? Also what other activities apart from skiing can one pursue during winter? Do you require to rent any equipment for the same and can one get a hang of it during a day’s time? This is because I have heard that skiing is quite difficult and you need some sessions before you get the hang of it.
    Thanks for the help once again in advance.
    Anshuman

Annika
    7104 posts
    29 November 2011 at 13:09:40 #834516

Hi Anshuman! According to this timetable, the Ice Flyer operates to 4 pm in winter. If you only have one day, you can take a beginner’s course in skiing, but you won’t get skilled yet. There are lots of other activities such as sledding, winter hiking, snowtubing and so on. You can rent winter gear for a day if you want.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 December 2011 at 17:13:15 #834517

Hi Annika,

Thanks for the information. The links cleared my doubts. Sorry for replying a little late.

Anshuman

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2011 at 10:15:26 #834518

Hi,

I did indeed go to Mount Titlis yday. Maybe not the best of days to visit if you are looking for the panoramic view of the surrounding valleys. I got a great view of
    some of the peaks above the clouds though and that looks great as well. Just for further info, if you tell them you don’t want to ski they offer you the choice of
    summer rates as well. So you can get a discount with your Swiss Passes.

Anshuman

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 December 2011 at 14:51:24 #834519

Many thanks for updating us Anshuman!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 December 2011 at 16:21:56 #834520

You are most welcome.

Anshuman

• The thread ‘Mount Titlis next weekend’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.