mountain excursion rates

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2014 at 6:57:38 #806622

hi,

can u please give me the rates for mountain excursions with swiss pass…with discounts…i checked this website…but the rates are high…

i have heard if i buy directly from counters it is cheaper

can u pls help

excursions: jungfrau,titlis,pilatus,matterhorn,gornergrat,stanserhorn

also lugano miniature n rhine fall

thnks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

physoc
    Participant
    9 posts
    3 September 2014 at 14:45:57 #840989

Hi,

I expect Arno will come back to you with better info, but I do know that, for the Jungfrau, you can get early morning or late evening tickets at a good discount. This may apply to others also. Otherwise, yes they are expensive.

Tony.

Annika
    7121 posts
    3 September 2014 at 17:06:35 #840990

Hello,

You can download the Swiss Pass map to see which excursions are free and which are discounted. The regular fares can be found in the timetable or, in case of cable cars/funiculars, on the website of that particular company. Links can be found on each of our attraction pages, e.g. the Jungfraujoch page.

Like Tony said, in some cases there are special tickets (also see the Jungfraujoch page) that can be purchased even if you don’t have a Swiss Pass. They save you money if you have planned one trip, but if you want to do multiple excursions, a rail pass will give you a better discount and will pay for itself.

You seem to have planned to visit attractions all over Switzerland, so you may want to look into the Swiss Peak Pass. It offers unlimited free rides to 8 mountains across the country. It saves you a lot of money, provided that you are willing to adjust your plans and go to the included mountains.

This guide explains how to pick the pass that saves you most money. I’m not sure what you mean by purchasing directly from the counters. Normally you would purchase cable car tickets from the local counters, although some are available online as well (see our attraction pages). There’s little or no price difference.

• The thread ‘mountain excursion rates’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.