Swiss mountain peaks to be visited 2nd half June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 16:47:27 #811523

Hello!

I’m amazed by the quick responses on this website. So I had this in mind and thought of posting it as a thread.

Ive heard of the major mountain peaks – pilatus, titlis, Matterhorn, juangfraujoch and first. Is any peak missing?

Also, we don’t wanna spend on the cable cars for more than 3 peaks. Which ones out of these are the best? Our plan is to visit during the second half of June! Please help me to choose the best 3!

Thansk!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 17:56:02 #862053

Hi Rrnnvvss,

We list most of the most popular mountain attractions in Switzerland here. Its hard to say what is the best 3 – it would be different for everyone! But the page I linked should give you enough information to decide which 3 are best for you. 🙂

Is there anything particular you want to be able to see and do at these mountains?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 18:16:47 #862054

Hey Lucas!

We’d prefer weathers not to be too cold, best views, safety and not too much time to reach up there and yes, there should be at least 50% off (we’ll have our Swiss travel pass for sure). 25% off places might again get expensive.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 5:52:20 #862055

I would expect all mountains to be fairly chilly at the top. Mt. Rigi near Luzern might be the warmest (also one of the lower mountains). All are certainly safe to visit.

Where are you staying in Switzerland? That will help us figure out how long it will take to get to a mountain for you.

You can find which mountains are discounted or not with the Swiss Travel Pass here.

50% off with the Swiss Travel Pass: Mt. Titlis, Klein Matterhorn, Gornergrat, Rochers-de-Naye, Schilthorn and Stanserhorn to name some popular mountains.

Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus are fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 10:31:36 #862056

Thank you 🙌

So we’re not sure where we wanna stay. But most probably we might choose to stay at three places and travel everywhere from there.

1) Either Zurich or Lucerne (3 days)

2) Interlaken for sure (about 7 days)

3) Mostly Geneva (3 days)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 11:55:28 #862057

ok,

So have a look at the activities we recommend in and around those towns to help you decide on the mountains you can most easily visit from them (click the “What to Do” link on each page):

1. Zurich or Luzern (German spelling)
    2. Interlaken
    3. Geneva or Montreux

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 12:09:18 #862058

Thank you 🙌

• The thread ‘Swiss mountain peaks to be visited 2nd half June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.