Mt Pilatus or Mt Rigi which one to choose

Mt Pilatus or Mt Rigi which one to choose

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Saumya12
Saumya12
46 posts
Apr 9, 2016 - 9:57 AM

hi,

We are in Luzern for 2 and half days. One day I want to do Wilhelm Tell Express (provided I get a reservation) , one day I want to keep for Mr Titlus (May be on the first day after 12)

On the third day I should go to Pilatus or Rigi which one is better or rather what is the difference between the two. Also Transport Museum is near to which mountain, where yo fit this in?

thanks

Annika
Annika
4424 posts
expert &
Apr 10, 2016 - 7:03 AM in reply to Saumya12

Hi Saumya12,

You'd best study the Pilatus and Rigi pages and see for yourself what appeals to you most. The "Route" tabs, combined with the timetable that's been mentioned before, will help you plan your trips and decide which suits your itinerary better. The Museum of Transport can well be combined with either mountain. Pilatus would be a bit closer, Rigi can be reached by boat if you like.

Saumya12
Saumya12
46 posts
Apr 10, 2016 - 4:24 PM

Thank . Annika. I think I can decide after reaching there as no prior reservation is needed.

i am not able to reserve Willhelm Tell express from Lucern to Locarno or Golden Pass Line from Montreux to Imterlaken. This is something bothering me :(

Annika
Annika
4424 posts
expert &
Apr 10, 2016 - 5:19 PM in reply to Saumya12

Hi Saumya12,

Arno explained that here. So you can at least book the Golden Pass ride. If not, please add your questions to that other thread.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016