Mt Pilatus or Mt Rigi which one to choose

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2016 at 9:57:06 #808857

hi,

We are in Luzern for 2 and half days. One day I want to do Wilhelm Tell Express (provided I get a reservation) , one day I want to keep for Mr Titlus (May be on the first day after 12)

On the third day I should go to Pilatus or Rigi which one is better or rather what is the difference between the two. Also Transport Museum is near to which mountain, where yo fit this in?

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    10 April 2016 at 7:03:03 #850542

Hi Saumya12,

You’d best study the Pilatus and Rigi pages and see for yourself what appeals to you most. The “Route” tabs, combined with the timetable that’s been mentioned before, will help you plan your trips and decide which suits your itinerary better. The Museum of Transport can well be combined with either mountain. Pilatus would be a bit closer, Rigi can be reached by boat if you like.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2016 at 16:24:58 #850543

Thank . Annika. I think I can decide after reaching there as no prior reservation is needed.

i am not able to reserve Willhelm Tell express from Lucern to Locarno or Golden Pass Line from Montreux to Imterlaken. This is something bothering me 🙁

Annika
    7121 posts
    10 April 2016 at 17:19:14 #850544

Hi Saumya12,

Arno explained that here. So you can at least book the Golden Pass ride. If not, please add your questions to that other thread.

• The thread ‘Mt Pilatus or Mt Rigi which one to choose’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.