Mt Titlis & Mt Pilatus in a day from Wilderswil?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2015 at 18:20:21 #807713

Can i cover Mt Titlis and Mt Pilatus in a day if i start early morning from wilderswil,interlaken and return late evening?is it advisable?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 August 2015 at 19:27:31 #845109

<<“Can i cover Mt Titlis and Mt Pilatus in a day if i start early morning from wilderswil,interlaken and return late evening?”>>is it advisable?

Travel times add up to about 9 hours, to/from Interlaken Ost. Add them up yourself for the 3 legs from the SBB website:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.htm l

I think the proper entry for Titlis is Kleintitlis.

Assuming Titlis first, the last train down from Pilatus Kulm leaves at 1845, getting you back to I.O. at 2155.

Those are based on current schedules; change of seasons usually changes schedules. You did not specify what time of year you wish to do this.

<<“is it advisable?”>>

Assuming that you leave I.O. at 0600 and return at 2200, you have 16 hours to accomplish about 9 or 10 hours of traveling time plus whatever else you wish to do.

In order to decide whether 6 or 7 hours is sufficient to do what you intend to do….speciifcally, “cover” the destination m0ountains, so you need to clarify what “cover” means.

Certainly, there are many definitions of “cover”

Once you decide what “cover” includes” you can answer that question, I’d expect?

Slowpokw,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2015 at 1:56:44 #845110

thank you so much slowpoke. actually its just my excitement to see as much as I can in the 3 days that I am staying in wilderswil but I realise it would be not be feasible. instead can I do Mt Titlis alog with brienz cruise n Mt Pilatus along with Lake Thun. that should be alright I guess???and the third day I can go to Jungfraujoch also.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    7 August 2015 at 9:16:50 #845111

I think that it’s important that you check the timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to see for yourself what you can do in a day. I can imagine you want to see as much as you can. Instead of “doing” two lakes on two days there are many other options. There are so many possibilities (http://www.myswissalps.com/be rneseoberland/activiti es). If you consider Jungfraujoch, it’s a good idea to check the weather forecast. If it’s cloudy you won’t see much up there. But as I said: many possibilities in that area. Furthermore, but those things are always personal, I would not go up Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus. If you check out all the possibilities you will see so much more of the area!

Have a nice trip,

Olga

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2015 at 9:52:17 #845112

Thanks a lot Olga for your reply. im confused when ur saying u would not go up either Mt Titlis or Mt Pilatus. I will check the link you gave me but could you suggest equally good alternatives. since im travelling with 2 kids I want them to enjoy snow and cable car rides etc. Plus I have a swiss pass and I dont want to spend any additional money as far as possible for entries n travelling etc.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    7 August 2015 at 11:06:59 #845113

Hello zohra11,

Perhaps I did not make myself clear. I meant to say I would not go up Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus – I would choose one of the two :). I already gave you a link (http://www.myswissalps.com/be rneseoberland/activiti es), just click and look around, there’s a lot to find there. In case you want some personal tips: how old are your children? Do you like hiking? Have you considered going up Schynige Platte (from Wilderswil), just an example? Do you like seeing waterfalls? Etc. I will be happy to provide you with some tips, but I have to know a bit more about what you like to do.

Olga

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2015 at 11:26:18 #845114

im travelling alone with my 2 daughters aged 7 & 2 so even though I like hiking I understand its going to b hectic for me with two kids. im staying 4 nights in wilderswil n 3nights in lausanne. I want to see mountains n waterfalls n some other countryside.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    7 August 2015 at 12:34:28 #845115

<<“thank you so much slowpoke. actually its just my excitement to see as much as I can in the 3 days that I am staying in wilderswil but I realise it would be not be feasible. instead can I do Mt Titlis along with brienz cruise n Mt Pilatus along with Lake Thun. that should be alright I guess???and the third day I can go to Jungfraujoch also”>>

Zohra11 –

As noted elsewhere – use the timetable (and a map)

Here is a map that I use:

map.search.ch/

( happen to prefer the old interface because I am used to it:

map.classic.search.ch/)

Either on will do for what you need.

If you look through the list of what you say you want to see, you have identified places near the Jungfrau and laces near Luzern.

You have not identified any places near Lausanne, and Lausanne is not the usual base for exploring what you say you want to see.

Pilatus and Titlis are best accessed from Luzern, as is the Rigi, another, more “gentle” mountain.

So, if I were personally doing what you say you want to do, I would book my stays in Luzern and the Berner Oberland. Each base has plenty of scenery, including mountains and lakes and villages enough to occupy more than a week on its own. Each has low altitude options in case the clouds have destroyed the views from the Jungfraujoch.

I would build upon my list for each of those two areas. The scenic train ride between the two via the Golden Pass Route is usually recommended by the moderators. Using the timetable, enter Zweisimmen as a “via” stop between Luzern and Interlaken ( or Wilderswil.)

http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.htm l

That link takes you to a page with a “via” box for entries.

One Item I would add, as suggested elsewhere in the thread is Schynige Platte. It starts right in Wilderswil. ( Be careful with the kids on the trail that goes right along the ridge top if you walk on that trail up there..)

Once you have the list(s) of what you want to see, you can put together a trial itinerary, with options for cloudy days.

Once you are at that stage you can use the timetable yourself. It is kind of silly to waste your time waiting for us to look up things that you can look up quickly and easily yourself, don’t you think?

The timetable defaults to the fastest route, which is why you can use the “via” box to redirect the route.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2015 at 13:23:24 #845116

thanks again slowpoke. ur suggestions are always useful.I will definitely check out the time tables n make my itinerary. and thank you a lot for all the links.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    7 August 2015 at 14:26:47 #845117

Here are a couple more links.

http://www.myswissalps.com/be rneseoberland

http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2015 at 14:41:22 #845118

Slowpoke

Zweisimmen is not between Luzern and Interlaken. The via station would be Bruenig or Meiringen but the route would be the quickest therefore default route anyway.

Maggie

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    7 August 2015 at 15:28:20 #845119

<<” 170posts: active memberAug 7, 2015 – 2:41 PMSlowpokeZweisimmen is not betweenLuzern and Interlaken. The via station would be Bruenig or Meiringen butthe route would be the quickest therefore default route anyway.”>>

You are right. i was thinking of the Golden Pass.

Thanks for catching my error.

• The thread ‘Mt Titlis & Mt Pilatus in a day from Wilderswil?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.