Multiple rail trips through Switzerland

Multiple rail trips through Switzerland

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jan 12, 2012 - 8:15 AM
Hello we are 2 adults and 2 kids (7yrs, 3yrs) with the following itinerary:

Day 1. Zurich airport to St Moritz
Day 8. Glacier express from St Moritz to Zermatt
Day 12. Zermatt to Zurich

We'd like to travel 1st class, reserve seats for each of us prior to travelling, and we'll have a lot of ski gear.

My questions:

what pass is most cost effective (1month swiss flexi pass?),
does it apply to all train trips listed?
does an accompanying Swiss Travel System Family Card ensure free tickets for the 7 & 3 year olds and their own seat?
Can I / how can I pre-book seats (is there additional expense?)?

Many thanks for your assistance.
Arno
Arno
7322 posts
expert &
Jan 12, 2012 - 12:36 PM
Hello Markdoug, and welcome to our website,

A 3-day 1st class Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be ideal for your trip. It covers everything for free, except for the seat reservations. The children travel along for free with the Family Card you mentioned. Again, this does not include seat reservations. All about booking seats can be found here. That page also includes information about the luggage service. That would be worth your consideration if you do not want to carry your skis yourself.

Have fun!
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016