Murren Wengen Area 3 days- Best Pass?

Murren Wengen Area 3 days- Best Pass?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
mothersill
mothersill
1 post
Jun 3, 2013 - 11:59 AM
my family of 5 (2 adts/ 3 teens age 17.15.13) will be staying in Murren for 3 days in June.We are traveling by car from Spain and will be parking our car in Lauterbrunnen during our Murren stay.

We would like to visit the Schilthorn, First lift flyers, Wengen and Lauterbrunnen areas during our 3 days in Murren.

I am so confused on what pass to purchase or if we should just get individual passes per trip. When i add up all the one way trips we'd like to take it totals around $220US per adult. And I can't figure out the kids' tickets as some seem to be free or others require a Jr. card. Ugh....can anyone offer advise?

thx,
karen
Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Jun 3, 2013 - 12:58 PM
Hi Karen,

I have 3 options for you:

1. Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland, to get free traveling almost anywhere in the entire region. You don't need a pass for the 13 and 15 years old children if you order along a Junior travelcard for each of them (CHF 30 each).
2. Swiss Half Fare Card, if you don't mind buying tickets for each trip. You get 50% discounts on tickets. Children under 16 travel along for free with the free Family Card.
3. Jungfrau VIP Pass, for free traveling in the immediate area. For the children it works the same way as option 1.

The timetable shows the reduced price (for Half Fare Pass holders) by default, so take that into account if you compare passes to regular tickets. Which one to take depends on what you prefer in terms of comfort & flexibility, and price.

Does this help?

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016