My first trip to Europe: Paris to Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2016 at 20:03:34 #808841

Hello people,

I am planing my first to Europe and I was lucky enough to get a discount fly to Paris, but my final destination is Zurich, since I will stay with a friend of mine, does any of you can give me an advised on how can I travel (cheap if possible) from Paris ( Charles de Gaulle airport) to Zurich? I am open to train, bus or it is cheaper to but a plane ticket? I am traveling on July 22nd.

Thank you 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    7 April 2016 at 20:49:17 #850441

Welcome Lola045!

You’ll find all information here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2016 at 14:47:46 #850442

Hi, I am so excited about my visit to Switzerland and looking forward to get a post on my question 🙂

Annika
    7116 posts
    8 April 2016 at 14:55:13 #850443

Hi Lola45,

I can’t help much with flights, but the train is a popular and relatively quick way to get to the town centre of Zurich. All information on the train route can be found through the link I gave you. You can study this and let us know in case any questions remain.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2016 at 21:34:25 #850444

If you plan to get a Swiss Travel Pass, then you can travel on the TGV Lyria to Basel and take a free train ride (using your Swiss Travel Pass) to Zurich.

For cheap flight deals see here : http://www.skyscanner.net

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2016 at 13:16:06 #850445

Thank you sskundu 😊 I will to check both options but after a 21 hours flight from Costa Rica a 4 hours train trip sound kind a hard, but still doable if I save more money 😊😊😊

Arno
    15481 posts
    9 April 2016 at 14:30:28 #850446

Perhaps it’s an option to spend one night in Paris and take a train early next morning. That way you can enjoy the ride. You can reach Zurich before noon and do some sightseeing for the rest of the day. Connecting to a different flight, collecting luggage in Zurich and getting a train into town takes quite some time as well.

• The thread ‘My first trip to Europe: Paris to Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.