My swiss visit in summer 2013

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2013 at 2:49:01 #806007

hi

I am traveling to Geneva on 24 of June 2013 and going directly to Grindelwald and I will spend all my 5 days at Grindelwald.
    what will be the best price for train ticket for me and my wife to travel from Geneva to Grindelwald.

Someone told me that hotels at swisstzerland give guest a visitor card that can be use to go around by bus and train.
    My question is this info is true. if yes, can I use this guest card to go to Lauterbrunnen and Wengen.

I apprecite your feedback.
    bashnaini

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2013 at 1:25:16 #838726

Gentelmen
    Any help, please?
    Regds.
    bashnaini

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 May 2013 at 4:33:11 #838727

Hi bashnaini,

Please be patient, as requested in the forum rules. Everyone will be answered. Assuming you go back to Geneva also, there are two options that are cheaper than regular tickets:

• A Swiss Card includes your trip from Geneva to Grindelwald and back for free, and you’ll get discounts on other trips during your stay.
    • A Swiss Transfer Ticket only includes your trip from Geneva to Grindelwald and back for free.

If you plan to do lots of local traveling, an alternative to look into is the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland.

There are indeed guest cards that hotels offer for free. You will probably get this one. It will get you discounts on local attractions, but it’s not sufficient for intensive traveling. An additional pass like the ones above would save you money.

• The thread ‘My swiss visit in summer 2013’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.