NEED ADVISE ON 4 DAY TRIP

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2011 at 2:44:42 #804272

Hi
    I am planning to travel to Switzerland from June 23 to 26. I am planning to stay at Interlaken. Required advice on my itinerary
    1. Arrive at Interlaken from Basel. I have my tickets from Frankfurt to Basel via ICE. I then plan to use the Swiss Pass to reach Interlaken. Can i continueon the same ICE train with this Pass or take a different train?
    2. Day 1 – Tour of Interlaken – Giessenbach falls , Lake Thun
    3. Day 2 – Mount Titlis
    4. Day 3 – Jungfraugh. I would like to go up via Lauterbrunnen and back back down from Grindelwald. I would like to know if the Cog/mountain Rail at kleine scheidegg and wegen are included in the Rail pass?
    5. Day 3 – I also plan to cover the Trumelbach falls at Ginderwald on my way back. Would it be possible to cover in 1 day?
    6. Day 4:I am looking for some ideas for Day 4 – Lucerene/ Zurich/Geneva. My train back to Frankfurt is from Basel in the evening at 5pm. So need to understand which places i can cover on Day 4.

Regards
    Ganesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    8 May 2011 at 6:10:16 #832752

Hello Ganesh,

As far as I know:
    1. Yes, you can use you Swiss Pass to get to Interlaken from Basel, if the train you’re in goes as far as Interlaken. Depending on your time of departure you may have to change trains, but the train personnel will know that. On top of that you can check the SBB time table.
    4. A Swiss Pass does not completely cover the track to Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfraujoch, you will have to pay extra from Wengen or Grindelwald. Buying a return ticket is possible though, with that you can travel to Grindelwald or the other way around. Just show your Pass at the counter and tell the railway personnel what you want, they will provide you with the right extra ticket. By the way, there’s a link to an overview of what you can do with your Pass on the Swiss Pass page.
    5. If I were you I would not go and see the Trümmelbach-falls at the same day. It may be doable if you leave very early (in that case starting in Grindelwald en ending in Lauterbrunnen would be better) but it’s all rather overwhelming.
    6. There are lots of plans and ideas on this website. You can just browse a bit and see if you come across some places and ideas. For me it’s hard to give suggestions, as it all depends on what you like to see and do.

I wish you a very pleasant trip en I hope this helps a bit!

• The thread ‘NEED ADVISE ON 4 DAY TRIP’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.