Need Advise on Itinerary and Swiss paas

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2011 at 3:42:12 #804273

Hi,

My husband and I planning for 7 days trip to Switzerland on 30th May. We will be in Interlaken for 5 nights and 1 night in Davos Platz. I have prepared a below mentioned itinerary
    Day1: Milan to Interlaken ->Boat Cruise in Lake Brienz + Giessbachfälle
    Day2: Interleken – Jungfrou- Exploring the near by areas like Wengen, Lauterbrunnenand if possible (Trümmelbachfälle)
    Day3:Monterux-> Golden Pass train-> Chillon de Castle-> In the evening Chebrix Wine yards
    Day4:Zermat-> matterhorn
    Day5:Roaming around Interlaken like Grindelwald First
    Day6:Interleken –Luzern -> Mount Rigi ->Davos Platz (Stay in Davos Plataz)
    Day7:Early Morning Bernina Express to Tirano-> From Tirano to Milan and flight in the evening to Home

I have some questions

As i am planning for a day trip to Monterux to see Chillon de Castle. I am not sure is it possible to add the Lavax Wineyards in a day trip. If not the complete wineyards Can i add the small part of it. If yes then which part i should cover.

As on day 6 i am planning to go to Mount Rigi in Luzern so will be checkout from the interlaken hotel and i will be carrying luggage with me. I know there are luggage rooms in the train stations. Do i need to do any reservations for the lockers.

Also How much time is required for Mount Rigi to cover.

As i have only one base so i have to travel generally on the daily basis. So i am confused between 8 days Swiss Pass or 5days Flexi Swiss pass. Kindly suggest which will be the most economical choice for my itinerary.

Does the Gandola ride to first from Gridelwald is covered under Swiss Pass.

I am open for the suggestions. Please suggest if you can advise anything good for my itinerary.

Thanks alot.
    Waiting for the reply.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2011 at 7:06:47 #832753

Adding the Itinerary again
    1: Milan to Interlaken -> Boat Cruise inLake Brienz +Giessbachfälle
    2: Interleken – Jungfrou- Exploring the near by areaslike Wengen, Lauterbrunnenand if possible (Trümmelbachfälle)
    3:
    Monterux-> Golden Pass train -> Chillonde Castle-> In theevening Chebrix Wine yards
    4:
    Zermat-> matterhorn
    5:
    Roaming around Interlaken
    6:
    Interleken –Luzern -> Mount Rigi -> Davos Platz(Stay in DavosPlataz)
    7: Early Morning Bernina Express to Tirano-> FromTirano to Milan and flightin the eveningto Home.

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 May 2011 at 9:36:18 #832754

Hi Traveler,

It’s indeed quite difficult to do the Golden Pass train, Château de Chillon and the Lavaux Vineyards all in one day. Especially if you’re also planning to travel back to Interlaken that same night. The best way to see the vineyards is to do some hiking. Routes are listed at wanderland.ch. But as said, I wouldn’t try to do it all in one day. Please see the timetable to check how much time you need for just the traveling. Personally, I would skip either the castle or the wineyards, and travel back to Interlaken via Brig – Goppenstein – Kandersteg – Spiez (another beautiful train trip).

Lockers don’t need to be booked in advance. An alternative is to have your luggage transported to your final destination so that you can travel without it.

An hour on top of Mount Rigi is enough to enjoy the view. Traveling times to the top can be found in the timetable.

An 8-day Swiss Saver Pass is the best option for your trip. It’s only slightly more expensive than a 5-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, which would require additional tickets on the remaining two days. The Swiss Pass page contains your purchase options and it links to a detailed map that shows what’s covered (Rigi is free, First is discounted by 50%).

• The thread ‘Need Advise on Itinerary and Swiss paas’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.