Need advise on my itinerary and Swiss Pass suggest

Need advise on my itinerary and Swiss Pass suggest

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
goldenmouse
goldenmouse
1 post
Jul 1, 2016 - 2:25 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to go Switzerland on this coming September 2016. Kindly

Day 1 : Paris to Lauterbrunnen : before going to Lauterbrunnen, will stop at Interlaken to walk around

Day 2: Bus to Wengen and from there hike to Mannlichen, , Klein Scheidegg and Eigergletscher and hike back to Lauterbrunnen. Not planning to go Jungfraujoch because I heard from my friend it is actually nothing so special.

Day 3: Hike from First to Schynige Platte trail

Day 4: Trummelbach falls - Anymore suggestion for this day?

Day 5: Lauterbrunnen to Zermatt early morning (any suggestion what to do in this day)

Day 6: Zermatt - 5 Seenweg (Blauherd to Sunnega)

Day 7 : Zermatt to Venice

Can suggest to me is there any swiss pass that I should buy base on my itinerary. I prefer hiking to see scenery.

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Jul 1, 2016 - 6:13 AM

Hi goldenmouse, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Please find my feedback below:

Day 1: a stroll along the main street in Interlaken is nice for some souvenir hunting, but it's definitely not among the highlights of Switzerland.

Day 2: There is no bus to Wengen, but there's a train. You won't be able to do all of those hiking trails in one day unless you are an extremely experienced hiker. Wengen to Männlichen is very steep. But you can do some of the routes. Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg is easy and scenic. I think Jungfraujoch is very special on a clear day, but of course this is a personal opinion. Please see myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch. It's more impressive than a walk in Interlaken :-)

Day 4: You'll find lots of suggestions here: myswissalps.com/ jungfrauregion/ activities. You could visit the Schilthorn, for example.

Day 5: Please see myswissalps.com/ zermatt/activities.

You need an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass or a Swiss Half Fare Card. Please see here for how to compare these options. Additionally you need tickets to and from the border: Paris to Basel and Domodossola to Venice.

Last modified on Jul 1, 2016 - 6:15 AM by Arno
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2638 posts
expert
Jul 1, 2016 - 11:44 PM in reply to goldenmouse

Hi goldenmouse-

This may help your planning:

www.jungfrau.ch/en/tou rism/destinations/klei ne-scheidegg/hiking-trails/

Slowpoke

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016