Need clarification on the Book Early Promotion

• Zanygirl
    Participant
    20 posts
    29 February 2016 at 0:53:10 #808504

Just seeking clarification on the Book Early Promotion. From an early post, I read “if you need a Swiss Travel Pass and at least one pt to point, you can take advantage of it”. So, I will not get a discount on the Swiss Travel Pass, but we will have some point to points (from Milan-Varenna; Varenna- Tirano; Bern-Zurich). Am I understanding this correctly? When I chatted with someone from Rail Europe, the individual I spoke to said that the only people eligible for this discount were European citizens, thus, my confusion.

Could someone clear this up?

Many thanks!

Carol

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 February 2016 at 6:49:58 #848813

Hi Carol,

Indeed, you will get a discount on any order with point to point tickets in it, so indirectly that makes the pass cheaper as well.

The promo is certainly not for European citizens only. In fact it’s for non-European citizens. Note that this is not a promo by Rail Europe US. It’s offered by their other websites as listed in that other post. Since you are from the US you can go to http://www.raileurope-world.com/deals/great-deals-to-tour-Europe and try to apply the promo code to your order. I think that should work, unless they redirect your to their US site (http://www.raileurope.com) automatically. Please let me know what happens.

• The thread ‘Need clarification on the Book Early Promotion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.