Need guidance for a 4 day trip to Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2015 at 10:53:06 #807435

Hi,

I’m travelling to Zurich – Zermatt – St. Moritz during 23-27 july 2015 .

I need your suggestion on how to plan my trip in an efficient manner.

I want to spend a day in Zurich …… then take a train ride to Zermatt ……. board the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St.Moritz ….. is that doable in a span of 3-4 days , or you want to suggest something else as well. This is my first time to be visiting Switzerland .

Thanks,

Imran

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

msra7hm2
    Participant
    63 posts
    22 June 2015 at 22:16:23 #843909

I have been advised by the experts here to focus on one area for 3-4 days only. I have chosen the Bernese Oberland area with Murren as my base. You can consider that as well.

Arno
    15483 posts
    23 June 2015 at 9:59:30 #843910

There’s indeed a big advantage to staying multiple days in one place. Apart from being able to actually explore the area, you’re also more flexible as the weather may not be suitable for mountain trips everyday. So you can do cable car trips when the sky is clear.

However, if the traveling itself is your main goal, then that’s fine of course. A Glacier Express tour can be done in the time you have available. Please see here for a sample itinerary (for self planning) and (customizable) tour packages:

A good place to start planning is myswissalps.com/ plantrip.

• The thread ‘Need guidance for a 4 day trip to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.