Need help immediately about Bernina Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2015 at 7:29:35 #806891

Hi Guys ,

We will be arrive 19th on night to Torino .We thought there will be bus from Lugano but we learned it is on summer.

We have to take on 20 th Bernina Express. Which is the cheapest and shortest way to get from Tirano .

We have global rail passes.Thank for help ,

Lovely ,

Maide

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 February 2015 at 14:26:21 #841758

Hi Maide,

I’m slightly confused by your post. I don’t know about a bus from Torino to Lugano. The train would be the best choice there. There is one from Tirano (an entirely different town!) to Lugano though, which indeed operates in Summer (starting in April I believe).

So do you want to travel from Lugano to Tirano? There’s a train connection, via Monza. Details are in the timetable (do check whether you need reservations). The trains are free with a Eurail Global Pass.

Feel free to let me know if I did not understand your question. I hope it works out well for you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2015 at 16:39:34 #841759

Yes , i got it . I would like to ask can we do reservation on Tirano train station ?

Annika
    7103 posts
    18 February 2015 at 19:52:07 #841760

Hi Maide,

Reserving your seats in Tirano is possible as far as I know, but as it’s right before the train departs, all seats could (theoretically) be booked by then. You can contact the Rhaetian Railway, just to be sure. They might be able to book the seats for you in advance so that you can collect the tickets at the station. Do let them know which rail pass you have.

Annika

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2015 at 0:11:54 #841761

We have interrail ticket so can we make reservation in Tirano ?

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 February 2015 at 13:45:16 #841762

Hi Maide,

The type of rail pass doesn’t make a difference for the seat reservation. If you can’t arrange for it beforehand, then just ask at the station in Tirano (there are two stations 50 m apart, try the Swiss one). It will probably all be fine, but if not, there’s always the local train on the same line.

• The thread ‘Need help immediately about Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.