Need help! My first time in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 December 2011 at 7:11:31 #804810

Hi..I am from Malaysia, traveling for the first time to oversea, yet in Switzerland!

I’ll land in Zurich airport on 13/1/12 around 12.30pm. It’s only two of us. Here is my trip details as planned:

1. 13/1/12 – from Zurich airport to Engelberg, will be there for 2 nights
    2. 15/1/12 – return to Zurich, will stay there for 2 nights for my conference
    3. 17/1/12 – plan to go to Interlaken- JungfrouJouch from Zurich, love to travel by train thru Eager tunnel and will be there
    For 2 nights
    4. 19/1/12 – plan to go to Zermatt from Jungfraujouch, will be there for 4 days
    5. 23/1/12 -back to zurich to fly back to Malaysia

Hope moderator or anyone can give me advise. TQ

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 December 2011 at 5:50:54 #834574

Hello Buya, and welcome to the forum! That sounds like a great travel plan. You’ll get to see some of Switzerland’s prettiest regions and mountains. Some tips:

– you may want to choose Lucerne instead of Engelberg as your base, as Lucerne is located more centrally. You can still easily reach Engelberg from Lucerne. The timetable will be helpful in the exact planning of your trip;
    – when traveling from Engelberg/Lucerne to Interlaken, I suggest that you travel via Meiringen and Brienz, as that’s a scenic route;
    – when traveling from Interlaken to Zermatt, you could take the scenic RegioExpress that crosses Kandersteg and Goppenstein, instead of the quick tunnel connection;
    – a rail pass such as the Swiss Pass, Swiss Flexi Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card will definitely save you money, since you plan to travel by train quite a lot. Our FAQ may help you decide which pass is best.

Does that get you started? Best regards,

• The thread ‘Need help! My first time in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.