Need help on specific Questions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2011 at 7:16:56 #804334

Hi,
    I need help in finding the answers of some questions
    1: I was looking on the website of //www.bls.ch for the schedule of the cruise on lake Brienz in first week of june.
    There is no cruise avilable in the evening. Does is there any other agncy which has crusie service on lake Briez
    and which is included in the Swiss Pass.
    2: Does is it possible to go to see the Giessbach falls in the evening around 6 oclock. I was checking in
    the site sbb.ch for the route to reach Giessbach falls from interlaken OST. It is not giving any option for evening.
    Please suggest.
    3: Can you please suggest me what is the best time to go to Jungfrau i mean in the morning time or the afternoon time.
    4: If i will be traveling to Jungfrau with the Swiss pass then the train tickets upto Wengen/Lauterbrunnen is already included.
    i read in the forums hike from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg is very beautiful. so i need to take a gandola from wengen to Mannlichen
    Can you please tell me what is the one way cost of gandola. I have searched but i am not getting the one way prices. Also If a take the train from Kleine Scheidegg to Zungfrau
    then what is the return price for the train (Kleine Scheidegg to Zungfrau). I have searched on the sites but it is giving the price from Interlaken
    to Zungfrau.Can you please suggest a site where i can see all the prices.
    5: In many forums i have seen the hisking from SCHYNIGE PLATTE to first is very beautiful. I want to do this
    but i am not a regular hiker but i love to walk. Is it a difficult hike?
    Or If not complete can you please suggest some part of the hike which i can do in less time
    and it will be less hectic
    Also Can you please tell me what is the one way price to go from Wilderswil to Schynige Platte and First to Grindelwald
    6: I want to do some easy walking near the Lavaux Wineyards area. Can you please suggest me a route
    which is scenic and of around 1 hour.
    Thanks alot for the help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 May 2011 at 10:44:36 #832957

Hi Traveler,

Here’s what I know:

1. The BLS is the only company for boat services on Lake Brienz. Regular boats are indeed only available during day time except for the high season. However, there seems to be an “Indian Dinner Cruise” on Tuesdays and Fridays departing at 7:45PM from Interlaken Ost. Please contact the BLS for details.
    2. Many of the public transport to remote locations pretty much shuts down in the early evening or late afternoon. If the timetable does not show any connections, then there are no ways to get there at that time, other than getting a taxi from Brienz.
    3. On average, the morning skies are more clear so you have a better view. However, you can best check the weather forecast the day before.
    4. All prices are on jungfrau.ch. You need to select your departure location from the left.
    5. Most of the First – Schynige Platte hike is not too difficult, but it’s very long. It takes 6 hours, without any breaks, so realisticly you should count on 7-8 hours. You can do it in two days by staying in the Faulhorn hotel along the way, but it’s not open in early June yet. Also note that there may still be snow on the trails so you should ask the tourist agency if the route is accessible yet. I hiked from First to Bussalp a long time ago. That might be a shorter alternative for you to look into.
    6. You can check out the suggestions on wanderland.ch.

I hope that helped. Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Need help on specific Questions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.