Need help on Switzerland planing

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2012 at 14:08:22 #805141

Hi,
    Thanks for providing us this useful forum.
    We are going to travel to Switzerland from June 13 to Jun 20.
    And our initial plan is as followed:
    2 nights in Lucerne
    3 nights in Interlaken
    2 nights in Villeneuve
    We will arrive and leave from Basel airport, and we have the following questions:

(1) Should we go to Mount Titils from Lucerne or From interlaken? (We are planing to go visit Pilatus from Lucerne, or probably Rigi )

(2) From Interlaken, we would like to go to Zermatt, should we stay in Zermatt one night instead of 3 nights in Interlaken? If so , between which dates we should put zermatt in. If not, would it be tight schedule for one day trip from Interlaken? (We would like to do the Gornergrat Railway and the Klein Matterhorn cable car)

(3) Can we do the golden pass from Interlaken to Montreax then to Villeneuve? Is Villeneuve a good place to spend out last two nights in Switzerland? If not, what other options are better?

Sorry there are lots of questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tracy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    20 April 2012 at 14:58:28 #835679

Hello tracy, and welcome to the forum! I’m glad you like it. As for your itinerary: the Titlis is closer to Lucerne, so you can best travel from there. You can find details on all trips in the timetable: that may help you plan your stay. A day trip to Zermatt from Interlaken is doable, although it will be a long day. I don’t think you’ll manage to do both the Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn in one day. That is, you might manage, but in my view it would be too much. I would just pick the Gornergrat if I were you. There are stunning views op there and it will be a wonderful and satisfying day trip (if weather permits, of course).

Yes, you can get to Villeneuve from Interlaken via Montreux. Whether Villeneuve is the best choice, depends on what you want to see and do during these last two days. If you want to focus on the Lake Geneva region, towns like Montreux or Lausanne would be located more centrally.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2012 at 13:16:34 #835680

Thanks a lot. It is always helpful from this Forum.
    So since we only have two nights in Lucerne, which one to choose : Mont Titils or Mont Pilatus or Gigi ?

I don’t want to rush a lot, and want to have some hiking as well.

Thanks again!

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    21 April 2012 at 14:18:26 #835681

Hello tracy,

That’s a tough question, because it’s also a matter of taste. Perhaps these links can be of help: TitlisPilatusRigi. Apart from that, webcams can give you more insight of what to see from these tops.
    All three mountains can be reached from Lucerne. You can check the Swiss Timetable for travelling times. I think it will take you more time to reach Mt. Titlis, but then again: it may be worth your while.

I hope this helps. Which mountain top is more beautiful than the other is a personal matter… Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2012 at 18:31:57 #835682

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I realized it is kind of stupid question to ask, cause it is really personal 🙂 I guess we will decide when we are there.

In terms of transportation, does the swiss pass cover to any of those three mountain? We want to combine boat, train and some cable card or cog rail or whatever that can bring us to the top of the mountain, and then maybe hiking back down, within one day.

Thanks again!

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    22 April 2012 at 3:16:27 #835683

Hi Tracy,

An overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid can be found on the Swiss Pass page. If you already have a Swiss Pass, you should have an overview (it also states where it gives discounts) with your pass. If you don’t have one yet you can order your pass on the same page I mentioned; just fill out the information asked for in the right hand top corner.

By the way, no question is stupid or kind of stupid. I can imagine you like to hear from others about their experiences. No worries! 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2012 at 3:40:29 #835684

I am travelling to Switzerland on 24th April. Did all my bookings but forgot very small and important details and need your help and getting this information.
    I am landing with my family on 24 April in Zurich at around 17:20 HRS and I have booked hotel City Oberland in Interlaken. I have a Swiss Transfer Card but do not kow how to go about from Zurich Airport to Interlaken. and from Interlaken station to the hotel.
    Please Help.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    22 April 2012 at 4:06:34 #835685

Hello aniruddha.hirlekar,

You can use the Swiss Timetable to find your train connections between Zürich Airport and Interlaken West railway stations.
    From Interlaken West railway station it will be less than 500 m. to reach your hotel. Leaving the railway station go left and after about 100m. keep to the right. You’ll find your hotel without a problem!

Enjoy!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2012 at 4:50:46 #835686

Thanks Wandermann 🙂

• The thread ‘Need help on Switzerland planing’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.