Need help regarding pass selection

Need help regarding pass selection

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
rajagilent
rajagilent
9 posts
Feb 21, 2013 - 11:02 PM
Hi,

I have my EuRail Global saver pass with me.
I'll be in Switzerland for 4 days in March last week just want to know that i need to buy any other swiss pass also.
Or no swiss pass will be required as i'm having the EuRail Global saver pass.
One thing more will i be getting bus and train transportation free with the help of the EuRail Global saver pass or only train will be free.

And what is reservation charges that i need to pay on the Lucerne to Interlaken route and whether these reservation can be done online if yes then please help to provide the URL for this.

Regards
Rajeev
Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Feb 22, 2013 - 4:02 AM
Hello Rajeev, welcome to MySwissAlps!

It depends on your exact plans whether or not you need an extra Swiss Pass, or more probably, a Swiss Half Fare Card on top of your Eurail Global Pass. If you follow the links you can download maps that show what's covered for each pass. In short: Eurail passes cover trains and some boats for free, plus discounts on some mountain transport routes. Swiss passes cover trains, buses, boats and many museums for free, plus discounts on most mountain transport routes.

Reservations are not necessary for Swiss trains, unless the timetable says differently. Please check this page for details and reservation links.

Enjoy your stay!
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno
rajagilent
rajagilent
9 posts
Feb 23, 2013 - 11:11 AM
Just one more query. I have my Swiss saver pass with me, just want to know what reservation charge i need to pay on the Golden Pass panoramic line from Interlaken to Lucerne.
I need to book the tickets in advance or it can be done on spot in Interlaken also on the same dame.

As the Hotels check out time in interlaken is mostly 11:00 am want to know whether the hotels provide any locker facilities to the customers after there check out.
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Feb 24, 2013 - 7:23 AM
Hi rajagilent. Seat reservation information is available through this page. If you get to the Golden Pass page, enter details about your journey and pick a 1st or 2nd class seat, prices will be displayed.

Some hotels may offer lockers or another luggage storage facility. You can best ask them in advance. If not, lockers are available at the railway stations of Interlaken.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016