Need help regarding pass selection

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2013 at 22:02:37 #805811

Hi,

I have my EuRail Global saver pass with me.
    I’ll be in Switzerland for 4 days in March last week just want to know that i need to buy any other swiss pass also.
    Or no swiss pass will be required as i’m having the EuRail Global saver pass.
    One thing more will i be getting bus and train transportation free with the help of the EuRail Global saver pass or only train will be free.

And what is reservation charges that i need to pay on the Lucerne to Interlaken route and whether these reservation can be done online if yes then please help to provide the URL for this.

Regards
    Rajeev

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 February 2013 at 4:02:39 #838139

Hello Rajeev, welcome to MySwissAlps!

It depends on your exact plans whether or not you need an extra Swiss Pass, or more probably, a Swiss Half Fare Card on top of your Eurail Global Pass. If you follow the links you can download maps that show what’s covered for each pass. In short: Eurail passes cover trains and some boats for free, plus discounts on some mountain transport routes. Swiss passes cover trains, buses, boats and many museums for free, plus discounts on most mountain transport routes.

Reservations are not necessary for Swiss trains, unless the timetable says differently. Please check this page for details and reservation links.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2013 at 11:11:50 #838140

Just one more query. I have my Swiss saver pass with me, just want to know what reservation charge i need to pay on the Golden Pass panoramic line from Interlaken to Lucerne.
    I need to book the tickets in advance or it can be done on spot in Interlaken also on the same dame.

As the Hotels check out time in interlaken is mostly 11:00 am want to know whether the hotels provide any locker facilities to the customers after there check out.

Annika
    7104 posts
    24 February 2013 at 7:23:30 #838141

Hi rajagilent. Seat reservation information is available through this page. If you get to the Golden Pass page, enter details about your journey and pick a 1st or 2nd class seat, prices will be displayed.

Some hotels may offer lockers or another luggage storage facility. You can best ask them in advance. If not, lockers are available at the railway stations of Interlaken.

• The thread ‘Need help regarding pass selection’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.